• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha surf wake wedge reveal!!! Warning pic heavy

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You will probably always have at least one exposed bag.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was getting excited right up until the 800 on the swim deck, but that wave looks great! I could almost bear getting the wedge if there was a ballast solution that didn't involved any exposed bags. Has anyone managed that yet and if so what did you do?

I've been looking to move into a surf boat but going back and forth if it's worth the extra expense just to surf if I can get the Yamaha to do it without anything above decks.
Im afraid the swim deck ballast is unavoidable from everything I've seen/read. . . . I am still trying to get a single stepped bag made so you would only have to fill/empty 1 bag on the swim deck.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Im afraid the swim deck ballast is unavoidable from everything I've seen/read. . . . I am still trying to get a single stepped bag made so you would only have to fill/empty 1 bag on the swim deck.
What about lead ballast in the storage compartment on the swim platform seat backs that open on the 2015 and up 24'ers? Only issue with lead is it's always on boat.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about lead ballast in the storage compartment on the swim platform seat backs that open on the 2015 and up 24'ers? Only issue with lead is it's always on boat.
Personally, I would not want lead (even pellets) bouncing around in there. . . . Plus I don't think you could put enough in there to make a difference.

That said, it's not an option for me as I have a 2014.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Personally, I would not want lead (even pellets) bouncing around in there. . . . Plus I don't think you could put enough in there to make a difference.

That said, it's not an option for me as I have a 2014.
I posted this in another thread, but do you think something like this would work on our boats? A hydrofoil to pull the back of the boat down simulating ballast and displacing water. Then a wake wedge to clean the wave up. Maybe Malibu should license this to Yamaha!

IMG_7024.JPG IMG_7025.JPG

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I posted this in another thread, but do you think something like this would work on our boats? A hydrofoil to pull the back of the boat down simulating ballast and displacing water. Then a wake wedge to clean the wave up. Maybe Malibu should license this to Yamaha!

View attachment 62729 View attachment 62730
I don't think our transoms are built to handle the the type of force that would be generated even IF we could get it to fit/function between the jets. IMHO.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have the wake wedge and I'm not giving in to ballast on the swim platform. I might think about ballast in the center locker. I was surfing ropeless for about 2 minutes the other day. I think i need a better board and need to angle the wake wedge up more. Should I angle it all the way up or what? I'm using a Ronix longboard 5'2"anyone have any other suggestions? I was thinking Hyperlite landlock 5'9"
Thanks

Larkintx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
will it work with thrust vectors installed?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On your boat it should.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@InmyElement Very little angle is needed with the Wedge. Start with it almost flat and try it. We do not put any extra ballast anywhere in our boat and go ropeless with the Wedge.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok..Thanks

3Card

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
This is the moment that everyone has all been waiting for, the patent pending Yamaha wake surf wedge introduced by Gantlin products. This device is to redirect the jet flow into the wake so we can make good use of the wave that these boats can make.

Everyone has seen the wake pictures so now I am going to detail the installation. The beauty of this product is that it is removable and can be installed in minutes!! Did I mention that there are no holes to drill into the hull at all... the only bad thing currently it is only offered for 06-08 SX210/AR210/ 212X/212SS and 07-09 AR230/SX230....model years may vary we will need to see the back swim deck to verify. Newer model wedges are being built now for testing. ( I already have volunteers )

What will be received with the purchase of a wake wedge will be the following brackets and pins for installation on the boat. The large aluminum bracket will use the existing holes that mount the bottom bracket on the ladder and supplied longer stainless steel button head cap screws to tighten everything back up.

View attachment 9558

Next you will need to slide the long side of the bracket into the trailer tie down loop

View attachment 9559

next we will need to slide the small side of the wedge into the bracket that we bolted onto the ladder,

View attachment 9560

Now we need to slide the long pin thru the hole to secure the wedge at this point.

View attachment 9561

Next we slide the collar over the long end of the wedge to take the room up in the tie down hook and pin it into place.

View attachment 9562

View attachment 9563

This completes the install.

View attachment 9564

Ok now that the product is installed let me tell you about some of the features. Notice the spring clamp, that is so we can use the ladder for re-boarding. Just unclamp and swing the wing down. On the back side of the wedge there is a turn buckle so adjustments can be made to block more flow of the jet or let a little more by. All components are stainless steel, galvanized, aluminum, or plastic so the wedge is full water worthy.

View attachment 9565

View attachment 9568

I am sure I am missing a lot and @sx210owner or myself can answer any questions that anyone else would have. These units are going to sell for $880.00 to anyone not on the forum but forum members will get a discount and can be had for $800.00.

Happy surfing to everyone from Myself and Mark!!
Hello,
I have a 2011 Seadoo 230 Wake and would like to try and build one of these for my boat, as I am sure it will take some modifications. Any chance you can give me the dimensions of the plate itself or draw up a template as a reference for a starting point? No one is making anything for Seadoo boats as they went out of production, I think in 2013. Thanks!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello,
I have a 2011 Seadoo 230 Wake and would like to try and build one of these for my boat, as I am sure it will take some modifications. Any chance you can give me the dimensions of the plate itself or draw up a template as a reference for a starting point? No one is making anything for Seadoo boats as they went out of production, I think in 2013. Thanks!!
Your reverse gate is too large to use our profile for the Wedge. It would hit when it comes up. That is why we do not make one.

3Card

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Your reverse gate is too large to use our profile for the Wedge. It would hit when it comes up. That is why we do not make one.
Yes, after further review, it doesn’t look like the Wedge is going to work. I am now working on a plate more like the Yamaha Wake Booster. Ready to test today!

3Card

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yes, after further review, it doesn’t look like the Wedge is going to work. I am now working on a plate more like the Yamaha Wake Booster. Ready to test today!
Well, my prototype Wake Booster for my Sea Doo Wake 230 worked pretty well! I am making a couple tweaks while making one for the other side. Hopefully will get that done for Labor Day weekend.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, my prototype Wake Booster for my Sea Doo Wake 230 worked pretty well! I am making a couple tweaks while making one for the other side. Hopefully will get that done for Labor Day weekend.
Start a new thread
We'd love to see pictures of it and the wave

3Card

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Start a new thread
We'd love to see pictures of it and the wave
Here are a couple pics of the wave. I have a 500lb ballast on each side, speed set at 10mph. This isn’t perfect, but it created the biggest, cleanest wake yet, although it is hard to see the size from the screen shot from my video (file to big to post here apparently). Can’t wait to surf it! Pics of the device will come later. It’s a little crude right now.

Attachments

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here are a couple pics of the wave. I have a 500lb ballast on each side, speed set at 10mph. This isn’t perfect, but it created the biggest, cleanest wake yet, although it is hard to see the size from the screen shot from my video (file to big to post here apparently). Can’t wait to surf it! Pics of the device will come later. It’s a little crude right now.
Videos need to be posted to YouTube first, then linked here. Can’t upload them here directly.