• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha surf wake wedge reveal!!! Warning pic heavy

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ma11er

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
People with 210, what RPM are guys running doing surf with the wedge and like 1500pounds of ballast? If i need to cruise at 8000rpm to be able to surf ill pass and get another boat since it's almost full throttle

Thanks

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am most likely picking up a 2016 242 X which comes with integrated ballast. i am hearing I need something like the wake wedge to really get a wave to surf.

When I ride a skateboard, I have my right foot on the rear, which I believe is called goofy foot.

Which wedge should I buy?

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Left foot forward is regular footed. So you would want to surf the port side so you will be facing the wave.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did you get the wake wedge? Have you used it?

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Haven't gotten a Wake Wedge yet but my boys and I do surf ropeless with stock ballasts. My youngest (20) surfs goofy but my oldest and I are regular. We do list the boat on the surfers side with people ballast but are looking to add 750 to 850 lbs more surfside with extra ballast. Hopeing for the wedge as well, as long as we can get a one piece and the hardware needed to switch it back and forth.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
so you'll have the stock ballast and then strap some bags on the stern?

I am going to jump on a skateboard without thinking about it and see which foot I place forward, since i haven't done it in years, I acutally forgot....

It would be my daughter and me surfing.

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes to adding additional ballast to the boat. The stock ballast works well but the deeper you get the stern the taller the wave.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would love to see pics of the completed setup. Do you have bags or pumps in mind?

I'm most likely going to get the wake wedge, determine which side makes sense (hopefully moving it isn't a huge deal, sound like some extra handware and we can move it pretty easily.) and go with the stock ballast and see what they gets me.

DonR.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought a 2008 AR230. This looks like a great product! Forgive me if I am repeating a question, but how difficult to change sides? I assume 2 ladder brackets would be required. How much for a second ladder bracket?
THANKS!

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
People with 210, what RPM are guys running doing surf with the wedge and like 1500pounds of ballast? If i need to cruise at 8000rpm to be able to surf ill pass and get another boat since it's almost full throttle

Thanks
I had a 210. You're going to run close to full throttle and 7-8k rpm with 1500 lbs at surf speed. Note that many boats, even dedicated wake boats, will run at 80% throttle or more when surfing. If I load our new boat up with its full 5000 pounds of ballast and have 5 or 6 full sized people on board, I'm running the engine pretty close to wide open as well, and that is a 6.2 V8.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just bought a 2008 AR230. This looks like a great product! Forgive me if I am repeating a question, but how difficult to change sides? I assume 2 ladder brackets would be required. How much for a second ladder bracket?
THANKS!
If you want it change sides quickly it is best to purchase 2. If not, then you are in for an almost hour changeover.

DonR.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for your reply. What would procedure be to change sides with 2 wake wedges?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
About a minute change over. Unpin wedge that is on, slide out, exchange wedge, slide in and pin in place.

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What's the ETA on one for a 190

Adamstone_55

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Sorry Loren, it will not.
Hey just wondering if you've ever actually done any testing on the seadoo boats? or if you are just saying no because the configuration of the wedges you have created will only work with Yamaha measurements?

Dbart1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
So basically this just cleans up the wake you are already creating and allows you to drive straight instead of in circle? I have an 09' 212x and it gets a good wake that we can ride ropeless but not clean. I am not sure how much ballast I add but I know I put front cooler, regular ballast and extra bag behind the captain's chair with gear, gas and people. I think it would work, just want to make sure I manage expectations.

Thanks

David

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
David, sounds like you got it.

Dbart1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Ordering mine today!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll be using mine shortly. . . . Hope to get some updated pics with my new ballast set up.