• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamalube Ring Free

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking for a good source for 32 oz Yamalube Ring Free. I'm also seeing three types of Ring Free: Yamaha Outboard Ring Free PLUS Fuel Additive, Yamaha Outboard Ring Free Plus Fuel Additive & YAMALUBE RING FREE PLUS E-10 FUEL ADDITIVE. Wondering what the difference in the Outboard ring free is and what the different fuel additives are whereas only 1 product specifies E-10 fuel additive. I would expect that's the one I need.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ring Free seems so hard to get and is usually expensive. I believe Sta Bil makes a competing product and is more readily available. As a matter of fact, I would not be surprised if the Ring Free is made by Sta bil.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was going to ask the other day and never got around to it...what's the equivalent to RingFree that you can get at AutoZone and such?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is difficult to know if these formulations (Techron, Stabil, etc.) are the same as the original Yamaha Ring Free, even though they all contain PEA (polyetheramine), and all can be traced back to Chevron/Amoco and Techron. This is one area I would not personally want to save money or experiment, even at $50 a quart. My 0.02.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot
A 1 gallon container $35.99
Yamalube Fuel Med-RX Gallon Size Fuel Stabilizer.

I thought this stuff was like stabil and ring free combined into one. Maybe someone knows for sure.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I can't remember where I read it but I heard seafoam was not good for our engines...I will try and track down where I read that.

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use Marine Stabil in every tank, and put 2 cans of Sea Foam in with a fill up, twice a year. I have done it for 4 seasons with no issues. I use both in all my toys. Sea Foam is great stuff. It has cleaned up many rough running engines for me that were victim of E10.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am coming up empty on where I read it...if you google it as with any type of additive there are all kinds of varying stories. ;) I just wonder if we all go overkill on all these additives and such. Maybe the argument with using E10 fuel is a good one to use additive. I do use sta-bil during the winter months while the boat sits.

On a related topic I started using this Archoil additive on my diesel and have read a ton of stories where people are using it in all kinds of engines. They pump it up saying you will notice fuel economy improvement and smoother running, blah blah blah. I tried it...none of the above happened. The only real world result I saw was my temperatures seemed to be lower which could just be ambient air temp differences. Again just back to thinking I am in the wrong business...I just need to create a fuel additive, pump it up a lot and bam great business model.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I actually dont believe our engines need additives but we are all mental creatures. I use the seafoam once a year and marine stabil in the winter. I have had no detrimental effects from using Seafoam. I am sure you can fine someone who has had issues with everything on the market. Use high quality fuels and oils and problems will not start in first place

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can't remember where I read it but I heard seafoam was not good for our engines...I will try and track down where I read that.
Thanks@CDENsomnia

Dhow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm a seafoam ,startron and marvels mystery oil fuel additive fan. All the toys receive a shot every fill up.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like to use the Marine Sta-Bil during the winter, but during the season I use Yamaha Yamalube Ring-Free Plus Fuel Additive. You never know if a life event is going to happen and if the boat is going to sit longer than expected and you could end up with a bad fuel issue. Here is the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Yamalube-Ring-Additive-ACC-RNGFR-PL-12/dp/B002GU4SN2?ie=UTF8&colid=3I9X9WPRRRBIV&coliid=I2089OOXX6CAVU&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl
This is what I do, too. At 1 oz per 10 gallons, Ring Free, not so bad the price. Has been around for a long time.
It has a huge following among boat owners for outboard motors of all brands (2 and 4 stroke) - especially commercial fisherman who run their engines hard. Yamaha recommends it it Waverunners, 2 and 4 stroke.

JCKC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Allatoona Lake:Ga Kentucky Lake: Big Sandy, Tenn
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sea foam every spring, Startron every fillip. I had a Yamaha mechanic tell me he has never had to take apart an engine when his customer was using Startron , but has had to rebuild some that swear they were using Stabil. I started using them on all my small yard engines, and I can tell a significant difference in how easy they start. Also, we keep 3 jet skis running which get sporadic use. Every si cry we have gone to this formula our starting/ running issues have reduced significantly. Nothing worse than showing up to the lake, and one of your engines not starting.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Startron, Ring Free, Stabil. . . . . What the hell happened to gas and go? Is fuel really going to go bad in season? I can understand over the winter.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use Seaform every spring and Lucas fuel treatment every fill up. 01-FuelTreatment2_800x950 (1).jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Marine grade Stabil provides for phase separation in Ethanolized fuels, and helps to eliminate water that condensates in the tank...it also provides extended life by preventing octane degradation over time. That is one treatment and unless you live in Florida and use your boat 12 months per year, you NEED to be using a fuel stabilizer as a minimum, and considering most of us letting the boat sit with temperatures changing...we need to use the water protection this provides. Those of us that use ethanol fuels benefit from the advanced protection that the Marine grade Stabil provides preventing phase separation. Yamaha Ring Free has undergone some changes in marketing and I am not certain about the product chemistry at this point, but it is still in the owners/shop manuals as recommended. I use it as well as Stabil in every tank, because I never knew when my boat may sit for a few months. Fuels today are drier and don't lubricate as well. These engines are in the water, in very humid conditions, and while it may not need it running on your trailer, it needs it in the water all the time. Just my thoughts.