• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamalube Ring Free

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Marine grade Stabil provides for phase separation in Ethanolized fuels, and helps to eliminate water that condensates in the tank...it also provides extended life by preventing octane degradation over time. That is one treatment and unless you live in Florida and use your boat 12 months per year, you NEED to be using a fuel stabilizer as a minimum, and considering most of us letting the boat sit with temperatures changing...we need to use the water protection this provides. Those of us that use ethanol fuels benefit from the advanced protection that the Marine grade Stabil provides preventing phase separation. Yamaha Ring Free has undergone some changes in marketing and I am not certain about the product chemistry at this point, but it is still in the owners/shop manuals as recommended. I use it as well as Stabil in every tank, because I never knew when my boat may sit for a few months. Fuels today are drier and don't lubricate as well. These engines are in the water, in very humid conditions, and while it may not need it running on your trailer, it needs it in the water all the time. Just my thoughts.
So in season, if I am in freshwater using only ethonal free fuel. . . . .I'm good?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So in season, if I am in freshwater using only ethonal free fuel. . . . .I'm good?
yes...if the boat doesn't set long (a month). Consider however, how a plastic tank, in a bilge hold, sun shining, your humidity, and temperature swings...think you might see any condensation in the tank? I looked at it like the additive was cheap and easy to add. And my boat could sit a month and did. I stored indoors too and that added even more protection for me, but those outside subjected to the full swing of temperature and humidity...well, it is just going to create moisture in a tank that isn't full. Oh, keeping it full helps that but fuel expands too, so be careful, if it overflows the vent, it can damage your graphics.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
[flag]I look at it this way, I have a $60k boat I can spend a couple of hundred a year to give me piece of mind. I only use ethanol free fuel.

HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE FOURTH OF JULY[flag][flag][flag][flag][flag][flag][flag][flag][flag]

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I use the star tron ring free every orther fill up and run only non ethanol fuel I also use there other products in my yawn equipment

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I actually dont believe our engines need additives but we are all mental creatures. I use the seafoam once a year and marine stabil in the winter. I have had no detrimental effects from using Seafoam. I am sure you can fine someone who has had issues with everything on the market. Use high quality fuels and oils and problems will not start in first place
Agreed. Magic elixirs go back a long way.

myblueheaven305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just curious, Do you need to use Yamahalube or a fuel additive if you go through a tank of gas every week to 2 weeks? Thanks for your time..

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use seafoam every now and then to clean injectors. Depending on quality of gas you use, ethanol or non-ethanol. Once a year should be ok

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I only use ethanol free gas and use yamalube ring free additive about every other tank. There are differing opinions but even if you burn the whole tank of 90-10 in a single day the ethanol over time can degrade hoses and other fuel system components. As a side note I use ethanol free in my lawn equipment too with a couple sea foam cans per season.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/hybrid-electric/a6244/e15-gasoline-damage-engine/

Last edited:

myblueheaven305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

myblueheaven305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I use seafoam every now and then to clean injectors. Depending on quality of gas you use, ethanol or non-ethanol. Once a year should be ok
Using ethanol free, will start adding Seafoam once every 2-3 months..

JCKC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Allatoona Lake:Ga Kentucky Lake: Big Sandy, Tenn
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Still using Seafoam in spring on first tank of year and Startron each tank throughout year. I guess you could skip a tank periodically but why take a chance. Boat, jet skis , and yard equipment all start better since I started using this schedule. I " think" I am buying ethanol free gas, but how can you be sure? I've experienced having gas go bad before, it's not worth taking a chance to me.