• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamashield on engines

JHC212X

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm about to finish off winterizing the boat.

Just wondering if I should take off the engine cover and spray the entire engine with Yamashield? Spray down the spark plug wires?

Or just leave the engine cover on and spray what's visible?

Thanks

Where are you located?

That asked (because were I up north, I would probably be inclined to do more rather than less), I would probably still pull the cover. Very easy. Two screws and it pops off. Watch for the grommets that are in the cover through which those bolts go. Those tend to go missing if you don't watch where they are going...

Back