• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YDS help - no data

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an AR230 -2007.

I can not read any data on the Yamaha application. I used a Win7 and Win Vista PC both do the same things (nothing). The blue light comes on the cable, I switched the ports to com 1 or 2. I crank the engine and nothing.

I think its a driver problem, per the instructions when I try and load the driver manually from driver folder (ISO_adap) on CD., it does not recognize it. I also manually loading the adapter driver (CDM21216_setuup) on CD to see if that works...and nothing

Has anybody ran into this same problem?

Can some body send me the correct driver? (mblaisdell30@hotmail.com)

Any suggestions?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you redirect the usb device to com1?

I can't recall how to do it but this is a required step. Search for usb com1 and it may come up.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought the yes last year for my 08 and never was able to get it to connect. I didnt spend a whole lot of time working on it and I have not started messing with it this year. Hope u figure it out so I can get mine to work.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've used my YDS since 2009 and still have problems connecting and I always revert back to thinking "my com port is messed up" or "it didn't load the data base"

when after three or four or ten tries I get the right sequence,
power up the computer
connect the engine end
start the engine
start the water
open the program
connect the usb
use the program

at least that's what I remember, I really need to write it down @Truck4dog (could really use your help in remembering the sequence)

maybe change the title of your thread to "need help near MD from another member with YDS" and they could run their YDS on your boat to see if you can isolate the issue,

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update:

Got it to work.

The key for me was not to just bump the starter, I needed to let the motor run on water and generate some data. Once I let the motor run with the USB plugged in and the Yamaha app running.....I waited about a 1 min, then selected "update data base", then it worked.

I tried it on 2 different PC and 100 different sequences (lol).....I think the key was 2 things....let the motors run with app running and select "update data base".

Just sharing what I learned....

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Update:

Got it to work.

The key for me was not to just bump the starter, I needed to let the motor run on water and generate some data. Once I let the motor run with the USB plugged in and the Yamaha app running.....I waited about a 1 min, then selected "update data base", then it worked.

I tried it on 2 different PC and 100 different sequences (lol).....I think the key was 2 things....let the motors run with app running and select "update data base".

Just sharing what I learned....
Good to know! I just bought my YDS and have yet hooked it up to my boat. I also read somewhere that the key was actually running the engines. Hopefully all is well with mine.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I won't argue with you since you got it to work but I helped truck4dog last month on his engine with a hole in the block, we read the hours by just moving the key to "run" position, engine of course never cranked. We could only get historical data from the ECU.

I always read my engines running but many others read them not running.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Still cant get it to work... the lite come on the adaptor when the engine is bumped the computer cant see the adaptor or data

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
231 hours.. both engines had these past errors..

20190428_153230.jpg
I dont remember the engine stumbling or the over heat lilitlilite come on.. the other engine had the same errors at a different time..