• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yes warranty 2.0

Sroc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I have noticed several threads with people asking should they get the YES warranty or not. I have decided I would like to add the coverage. My question is have people had luck getting a dealer discount after you purchased the boat ie a year later? I contacted Yamaha directly they told me that I would get a better "deal" by going through a dealer directly. The list price YES warranty for my 252SD is $2750 for 4 years. I'm wondering if anyone has had luck purchasing the warranty almost a year after you purchased the boat? Did you purchase from a different dealer? Are there any salespeople on this forum who are interested in perhaps giving a Jetboater.net discount? I'm sure I'm not the only member in the "same boat" so to speak. TIA for your comments on this thread. Merry Christmas to all

I did not purchase from the dealer and they discounted it just under $600 when I wouldn't respond to their emails. I didn't speak to anyone, when I clicked the link and put in my info it was discounted. I purchased at 11 months direct.

I did not purchase from the dealer and they discounted it just under $600 when I wouldn't respond to their emails. I didn't speak to anyone, when I clicked the link and put in my info it was discounted. I purchased at 11 months direct.
That's great to know I may just try that Thanks man

This is the email i received on 3/11/2021, I renewed in april which was 11 months.

1640140523504.png

Attachments

• 1640140634752.png
    1640140634752.png
    383.8 KB · Views: 4
FYI, they let you put it on a Credit card and took it out in 4 monthly equal payments, which was nice as well.

This is the email i received on 3/11/2021, I renewed in april which was 11 months.

That's interesting I have only been receiving letters in the mail and nothing in the letter states anything about a discount but you're probably right they probably have to hold out the last month I still have a number of months left on the one-year factory warranty

View attachment 168546

I didn't get any letters in the mail that I recall, it was all emails. Like several per month. I wonder if they are changing what they are doing, do to what is occuring in the boat industry. Perhaps they want dealers to do them more so now so they can make extra premium or kick backs or other incentives, maybe because of the lack of boats available for each dealer. Just a thought.

Back