• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YES warranty

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Audio is called as a specific exclusion, but under general provisions on page 2, the warranty is written for mechanical breakdowns.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It looks like the total claims payout is capped at $10k.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ask me what I know about "repair or replacement of any part determined to be defective by Yamaha"...

I highlighted key words for ya, lol.

--

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would say THE ONLY good reason to purchase YES is the boat resale value - warranties are very good when you are selling.

--

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I bought a new Yamaha because they are reliable. My Yamaha Kodiak never had a mechanical problem, and I hope my boat won’t in theirs 4 years. But it came as part of the boat show deal so I have YES for 3 years. The jap shit just runs, and runs.

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would say THE ONLY good reason to purchase YES is the boat resale value - warranties are very good when you are selling.

--
I passed on the warranty. This will be my approach when I go to sell...

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had it on my '09 232 and did end up using it for a claim. I also have it on my '17. Typically I'm not a fan of extended warranties but did get them on the Yamahas (they were included with purchase). For my usage, the 1 year warranty is too short to be really useful. I keep the boat in the lake all summer and the nearest dealer is down a 7400 foot pass and two hours away so I typically only have warranty work done at the end of the season before it goes into hibernation for the winter. By the time it comes out again the following spring, the one year warranty would have expired. Thus, if they offer it for free, it's a good deal.

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yamaha really stands behind their warranty with outboard motors VERY WELL. I am surprised to hear about all the issues with their warranty on jet boats.