• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YES Warranty

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Okay, sorry, I know there are several threads on this already. My 1-year deadline to purchase the extended warranty is fast approaching (like 2 weeks). YES or no to buying it?

My 1-year deadline is next week. I told myself last year when I bought the boat if I was seeing problems I'd get the extended warranty. Haven't had any problems with my boat so I'm not going to get it.

Mine is coming up too. No problems either, but could be inexpensive insurance…

Wait till the Connext screen goes out or something else goes wrong like a simple stater solenoid. You wish you had it. My 2017 is a beast but the technology/electronics have paid for my warranty by about 2x now.

I never used mine that I bought. BUT, my boat does not have Connext. Or the fly-by-wire thingy. And wasn't a year prone to timing chain issues.

This one comes down to personal preference and how you think about insurance. For me, I would not have used it for the small things. But it only takes one big thing on the boats today to make it make sense. My year there were really only 2 big things (a port engine and a starboard engine). These days you have a few more critical systems...

That said, I probably wouldn't do it (I fix many things myself). But I certainly would not criticize someone who did.

My deadline is next week as well, but I luckily haven't had any issues yet. I assume these warranty prices are pretty set in stone? Do dealerships ever offer discounts on them?

Back