• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yeti Roadie 24

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Does anyone have one of these? Do you like it? Can kids actually open it or are the latches hard to get open?

Last edited:

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@SCP1 we got one and love it. The latches are very kid friendly, I have a 5 year old that can grab anything out of it and my twin two year olds can figure it out to get ice out and drive their dad crazy. Also you can put a handle or wine bottle upright, so it is a good cooler. Fits great in my AR190 as well. They say it is 10% lighter than the roady 20, but with it filled up with whatever you are going to fill it up with, you will not feel a difference and also says it holds ice 30% longer, but who knows, I have only had ice in it for a day of boating at a time and it holds the ice great.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@SCP1 we got one and love it. The latches are very kid friendly, I have a 5 year old that can grab anything out of it and my twin two year olds can figure it out to get ice out and drive their dad crazy. Also you can put a handle or wine bottle upright, so it is a good cooler. Fits great in my AR190 as well. They say it is 10% lighter than the roady 20, but with it filled up with whatever you are going to fill it up with, you will not feel a difference and also says it holds ice 30% longer, but who knows, I have only had ice in it for a day of boating at a time and it holds the ice great.
Where do you put it on your 190?

We're looking to modify how we access our coolers. Have a nice coleman that fits under the passenger bench, but then the other soft sided cooler ends up at the drivers feet, which isn't ideal.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Well now I’m torn as I was looking at this vs the RTIC 20 hard cooler. Thinking of getting 2, one for food and one for drinks.

Kennytwo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

We're looking to modify how we access our coolers. Have a nice coleman that fits under the passenger bench, but then the other soft sided cooler ends up at the drivers feet, which isn't ideal.
This isn’t the 24, it’s an Artic 45 but we strap ours to the deck. Gets it out of the way and when you’re surfing it’s weight back there.

Attachments

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

My fault @2kwik4u , I put it in the right side seating compartment. It barely fits in there, but it does as long as you put the carrying handle down. I have it packed for when I get off work tonight to go out to the sand bar with the fam. Has a bottle, 12 beers, 6 white claws and 3 home-brews that I made and ice for my twins to waste when I am not looking. You see there is still room for more. I highly recommend.

Attachments

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My fault @2kwik4u , I put it in the right side seating compartment. It barely fits in there, but it does as long as you put the carrying handle down. I have it packed for when I get off work tonight to go out to the sand bar with the fam. Has a bottle, 12 beers, 6 white claws and 3 home-brews that I made and ice for my twins to waste when I am not looking. You see there is still room for more. I highly recommend.
Thanks for the reply. That looks like a helluva cooler. Wife will certainly appreciate the capability to take a bottle of wine with us.

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have one. Use it on our AR190. We love it. Perfect size for day trips with 4 people. Sometimes we had a small soft cooler on board too. We store the yeti either in the bow or in the back seating area. My wife likes putting her legs up on it to relax. We went with the grey color, which I love the look, but I would suggest going white. The grey gets very hot! My buddy went to sit on it and got quite the heated seated surprise!

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
195S and the Roadie fits nicely behind the seat and doesn’t need to be tied down. Have thrown away all other coolers and only use yetis now. Might I also suggest “Cooler Shock”. Colder than ice (actually refreezes bags of ice in Yeti coolers) and many sizes. Amazon search for details.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I highly recommend the soft sided Yeti Hopper. The thought of bringing a hard sided cooler onboard scares the crap out of me. We've been using the Hopper line for years and they are awesome. Pair it with "Yeti Ice" and you will have ice for days in the 120 degree Arizona River Heat.