• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Your First Boat Pics

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think everyone remembers their first boat fondly.

My 82 yr old mom gave these pics to me last week . . . as a reminder of boating many years ago when I showed her pics of the new Yamaha.
Obviously my first boat was high-output, shallow draft . . . but lacked stability in the corners due to questionable hull design and lack of bonding, and the captain had no pfd.

Made me laugh . . .

Boat #2 is in there as well.

What does your first boat look like?

Attachments

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not so much the first boat that the family had but this is the wife and I's first boat. Bayline Avanti 3255, Cabin Crusier. I can't help but shake my head in amazement still at the size comparison between my truck and this boat!!!!

Attachments

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
my first boat was when i was 16, it was a 1964 Crosby. Unfortunately i dont have any pictures of it. But my first family boat was this mint 1987 19 foot Dynasty. Was a great boat

2019-08-22_10-03-12.jpg
2019-08-22_10-06-06.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Image result for 1974 reinell cuddy cabin

my first boat is the current Yamaha, the first boat I rode on was a 1974 Rienell CC we had in Milwaukee (this is just a stock photo, I don't think we have real photos) My dad sold it about 78 after somebody stole all the fishing gear out of it in our driveway and I remember him telling my mom "nobody really cares about going out in the boat", some of the same feelings I'm starting to have now that my kids are older and boating is just like any other day to them, take it or leave it,

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's our first boat. 1998 Rinker 182BR with 3.0L 4cyl. Purchased April '07 Sold March '13

I was exceptionally cool back then :D:D
1stboat.JPG IMG_1668 (1).JPG

Current boat. Purchased May '15

20170715_135646.jpg

I still have the shirt and shorts from the above picture. I'll try to pose this weekend for a similar pic so we can evaluate my current level of coolness :D:D

I'll try to dig up some pictures of my grandfathers boats. Had a '87 Stratos with a V8 of some sort. Thing rarely ran right. Learned many curse words from Granddad on that boat. Uncle has had a Tri-Toon since '95 or so I would spend a few days a summer with him on the water each year.

Oh yea.....forgot I owned this behemoth for about 4hrs. Bought it for $5k and drug it home. Good friend offered me $7,500 for it as soon as he saw it. Let him have it for $6k. Never even made it to get the title transferred.
IMAG0011.jpg

Last edited:

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I grew with on my Dad's 14' 1965 Shell Lake LaSabre 500 runabout (later traded in for a 1990 17' foot Rinker that he handed down to me), but the first boat that I could truly call my own (registered in MY name) was the Sunfish-clone I bought from a "guy up the road" when I was in college.

Here's me a few years ago taking her out for a little spin:

It still sits (rather neglected now) at my Mom's cottage next to the utility shed. I never seem to find time to take it out when we're up there.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My first boat was a 1983 Larson. It was in rough shape when I bought it. I completely restored the whole boat (exterior, interior and trailer). Was a great boat.

Before:

After exterior re-finishing:

2nd boat was a 1990 Rinker 192. This boat came with a damaged engine due to a winter freeze. I paid $1500 for the boat and $1500 for a long block. This too was a great boat- put a lot of hours on it.

Then we boat this Moomba Mobius LSV- This boat was awesome!

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My first boat was a 1983 Larson. It was in rough shape when I bought it. I completely restored the whole boat (exterior, interior and trailer). Was a great boat.
After exterior re-finishing:
View attachment 103536
Super job on the Larson !!

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jjmparsons I feel like the trailer for that Avanti has a story to tell.
Well...... I can only imagine. That trailer is the monster hauler they use down at Ditto Landing for hauling out all of the big boats. Not sure if it belongs to the mechanic down there or the marina but that dang thing gets put to work on the regular! I've seen some boats that dwarf the Avanti come out of the water sitting on that thing getting some work done.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think you are towing the boat backwards.:)

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My first was a 1976 15' Boston Whaler. Great little boat to dive from. Took it all over the Lake, in all conditions. This was 1982.

20190822_141516.jpg

Our, my wife of 28years and I, first boat was a 1983 SeaRay SRV 245. This was 1994. It looks alot like @JetBoatPenguin 's second boat above.

20190822_172620.jpg

20190822_172703.jpg

Cleaning out the garage today...and found these pictures.

My current boats are below in my signature.

Last edited:

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is there anyone here who didn't have one of these? One of the best bathtub toys ever (we didn't have a pool, although I always wanted to try it out in one).

Oh, and my first boat was a yellow and white Sunfish. No pictures 48 years later, unfortunately.

This is a great thread, @JetBoatPenguin.

Jeff