• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Your water temps

Need4Speed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking at going to Lake Minnewanka in the mountains of Banff this summer...on a good day the water is 10°C/50°F. I have been in glacier fed lakes before like Crypt Lake in northern Montana so I think I am up for it.

08805E12-524B-4A57-ACC7-FF1214C75C3A.jpeg

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hot day will reduce these temps a bit. We've had some scorchers in May where the water was still in the mid60's and I was in. I'm usually a high 60's for short term, low-mid 70's long term, and mid-high 70's pretty much constant in the water.

Got up to 88 a few years ago. Felt like bath water, I got back out, was no good.

Anyone have a good reccomendation on a water temp/depth gauge that isn't built into some other device? Just want a nice little digital display to stick on the dash that reads temp/depth. Been relying on buddies boats for years, but would like to have that info on my own craft.

Need4Speed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have a good reccomendation on a water temp/depth gauge that isn't built into some other device? Just want a nice little digital display to stick on the dash that reads temp/depth. Been relying on buddies boats for years, but would like to have that info on my own craft.
I was considering this maybe...see attachment from amazon.ca.

Attachments

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We have a tradition of jumping in on Memorial Day regardless of the water temp. But for me anything above the upper 60's is a good temp.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Low 70's for any serious water time. But down here on Lake Havasu when the air temps start getting up around 100, any water temp feels just fine!

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
us Florida Folks are spoiled - I like bath water, 80's
Our springs down here are 72 year round but that's to cold for me unless its summer high 90's

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I plan to get in next weekend, regardless of what Lanier is doing haha

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I plan to get in next weekend, regardless of what Lanier is doing haha
Please video this. I thought about busting out tube this weekend on lake jocassee (suppose to be high of 78) but with having something to read water temp now idk if I'm brave enough.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep, Jocassee is deep mountain water, so it can give you a pucker at first even in late summer. The forecasted winds Saturday will also probably take 10 degrees off the perceived air temp. Just tuck in so where out of the breeze and in the sun. We hit Keowee last Saturday. Kids played on beaches and eventually ended up in the water. We both thought, “Surely they will not go in; but we’ll bring extra clothes just in case”...after proving us wrong again, my wife finally decided We will always bring their swimsuits no matter how early in the season. It beats changing them out of soaking wet jeans! We also played a fun game of you build the sand castle then I’ll load you all in the bow and blast it down with a huge airborne jetblast when we leave. It was a big hit.

Honey Badger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That Florida life must be nice. Just got back from visiting family in Boca Grande. Pretty tempted to make the move. No wetsuits for us. 69 is the lower limit for the wife and I. After a couple drinks and everything goes numb we have a great time. Been stalking the lake temps. Hopefully by the end of the month.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was knee deep last weekend launching the boat. It's gonna be a few more weeks before i swim.