• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Zipzap got demonetized

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Man that sucks. Loved that channel.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That sucks!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I saw that. It makes me wonder if that new copycat (Living off the land) didn’t flag all his videos or something. I guess to me it’s just another example of why Google has sucked the joy out of the internet lol.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I mean, i get that it sucks, but i think its crappy that people only do stuff like this for the money, as opposed to doing it because you love it.

IMO, people get very entitled to youtube money., and thats not what its supposed to be about.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw that. It makes me wonder if that new copycat (Living off the land) didn’t flag all his videos or something. I guess to me it’s just another example of why Google has sucked the joy out of the internet lol.
In fairness, he woildnt have gotten paid prior to google. I remember a time not so long ago you used to pay to host videos, not get paid to upload them.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don’t think he was doing it so much for income, sounded to me like the video revenue was sustaining the channel. In addition, it’s only fair these creators get paid since otherwise all that ad revenue would go to Google alone. It’s no different then a mini TV show, YouTube is just acting as the network.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I mean, i get that it sucks, but i think its crappy that people only do stuff like this for the money, as opposed to doing it because you love it.

IMO, people get very entitled to youtube money., and thats not what its supposed to be about.
It's basically his self employment gig. He buys the nice gear and shoots nice video. I see no reason why he can't get paid if people are entertained enough to sub and watch his videos. He's angry because the YouTube algorithm is a joke and caters to the most annoying mega content creators. I'd be pissed too. I think he enjoys what he does. I mean it's very relaxing video and he gets to see some cool boats all day when he shoots.

It sure beats working like a slave in an office (like my job). I'm envious and kudos to him for being an entrepreneur.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

I disagree. Video production is an extremely time consuming process. He is certainly entitled to share in the revenue that Youtube generates off of his work. I suspect he'll go back to just sitting by the inlet watching the boats, which he probably did long before he decided to create videos and share with others who would appreciate it.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm subscribed to his channel too because I enjoy his videos. Seen a few Yamahas in them too. Hate this happened.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not saying it isnt time consuming, but it used to be that people did it out of love for their hobby, not with the expectation of a few gra d a month.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Youtube content has been monetized for more than a decade...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does it really matter what they make? Some kid just won over 3 million dollars in some video game Fortnite competition. That's more than you make winning the Master's, Tour de France, or a multitude of other sports. It's kind of crazy but if people bring an audience then there are companies that want to make money running their ads. I recently got my account back to being monetized from when they dropped small time people in favor for medium to large channels a few years back. During that time I lost money and revenue on all of my higher viewed videos. I don't make but maybe $100 here or there once every few months if I'm lucky but I put in wayyyy more time than that just in editing. I do videos because I love creating content and helping others if I do a tutorial but at the same time I have a real life and family to balance so even for someone with a channel as small as me it's a lot of work. For people that do this way more often and in a real work schedule, sometimes as a second job, it's a lot more work and high level production takes time and resources. I've been doing it since 2006 and obviously do it for the love more than the money (remember personal time does = money too) but I'd be lying if I didn't want to also make more money while making it feel like it's worth the effort. In the end if people can make money doing what they love that's all that matters, it's not my business what someone else can make and more power to them. Viva la capitalism!

Last edited:

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a couple videos with over 200K views, others in the 3K range. I never turned on monetization (much to my kids disapproval) since I just enjoyed making them. Just the random video I do here or there can be a ton of work (that I enjoy). I can somewhat grasp how hard a full time YouTuber would have to work. Outside of filming, it's probably 3-5 hours a day editing, looking for royalty free music, etc. Never mind trying to think up new content.

I am a subscriber @haknslash and enjoy your videos.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I suppose I'm too "old school" to really get it.

There are a couple channels that I'll watch from time to time, but it's usually from a linked search or other site. Youtube isn't my main content delivery service for video. I'm still an OTA guy. I like to "flip" channels, complain about nothing on, and then settle on a re-run of Law and Order on some obscure network that happens to have a broadcast channel in town. The "flip channels" thing is was really gets me though, I hate having to know what I want to watch before I sit down to watch it. I just want to flip through, and find something tolerable for the 30 minutes it take before I fall asleep on the couch.

As to monitization or not.....I'm unsure how every single video doesn't share some part of the advertising displayed over it. Clearly takes time and effort to shoot/process/upload your videos, Youtube is making money on it, they could easily share a small portion of that with the creator and not go bankrupt I'm sure. I don't know much about the process though.

How/Why does one get "DeMonitized?"

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
His videos can be strangely soothing to watch...
(I bet youtube wasn't comfortable with all of the random people being videoed without their consent and paying him for it)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I rarely watch regular TV these days. I find far more entertaining and news content on YT for the 2-3 I surf the internet each night. If it weren’t for my wife and her shoes I would have cut the cord long ago.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
His videos can be strangely soothing to watch...
(I bet youtube wasn't comfortable with all of the random people being videoed without their consent and paying him for it)
It’s a public place so he can film and monetize without needing anyone’s consent.