• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I know some of you enjoy cigars - share!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is next . I lost my entire post, and struggled to get these pics posted. I hate whatever causes these issues with the mobile site and/or my phone

IMG_20220915_232955603.jpg

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is next . I lost my entire post, and struggled to get these pics posted. I hate whatever causes these issues with the mobile site and/or my phone.

View attachment 188125
Let us know what you think of it. It looks great. I read the reviews. Suppose to be cherry and cocoa in there. I love both so will have to try it.

Last edited:

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I “discovered” two boxes of cigars, either from my wedding or daughter’s birth, in my office. (She is 15.) I moved them down to the basement in hopes of restoring them. 66 degrees, 67% humidity. One is Upmanns in metal tubes, the other are small Macanudos wraps in cellophane. What do you think their chances are?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I “discovered” two boxes of cigars, either from my wedding or daughter’s birth, in my office. (She is 15.) I moved them down to the basement in hopes of restoring them. 66 degrees, 67% humidity. One is Upmanns in metal tubes, the other are small Macanudos wraps in cellophane. What do you think their chances are?
I’m no expert on reviving cigars, but I believe you can do it. I would probably take them out of the tubes and wrapping at least. Maybe put them in some Tupperware with a sponge soaked in distilled water or put a few Boveda packs in there if your basement doesn’t work out.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m no expert on reviving cigars, but I believe you can do it. I would probably take them out of the tubes and wrapping at least. Maybe put them in some Tupperware with a sponge soaked in distilled water or put a few Boveda packs in there if your basement doesn’t work out.
I opened one of each. The half corona in the cellophane is solid as a rock. The Upmann in the tube had a little give to it. I’ll check them again in a month.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_20230211_031846781.jpg

No seegar, it's too cold to open up a window for ventilation and smoke removal, but I've found that nobody objects to a pipe with a nicely scented tobacco. I've got a Christmas blend frome Uehle's, to go with a nice drink. I am in my happy place, looking forward to Sturgeon season opener in a few hours!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice! I’m envious though. I’m not allowed to enjoy a pipe or cigar in the house. I’m pretty much an all pipe smoker during the cold months and mostly while I drive my car. Been smoking pipes for quite a while but found another level of enjoyment and knowledge through YouTube videos. Check them out sometime. Thanks for keeping this thread alive.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, it's another reminder of life. My in-laws were all friends, and the wife of my BIL's mom passed away, funeral's tomorrow. My FIL got along with her husband, as did I, and I'm having a Perdomo Lot 23 in my FIL's honor. It's a Churchill, which is the size/ring he liked

I went along with splitting a box with him, and not telling him I bought my own box of Toro's, so I always mysteriously had a cigar to share with him that he would enjoy.

The wife's sister took us out for a fish fry after they finished the flower arrangements for the funeral, and I may have overserved myself to the point that it's the rare occasion for "turn on the fan setup, it's indoor cigar night" 😁

Gotta enjoy the basement setup before it's refined and the wife hints at me never smoking in the house again, but until then, enjoy the spray foam dots on that swanky adhesive floor tile! 🤣🤣

Tinkering around with Snapseed photo editing program, and while it doesn't polish up the turd photo, it has some cool elements to it.

Sonsabitches, gotta edit this and add the pic in a bit 🤬😡🤦‍♂️

IMG_20230224_231505545_HDR-01.jpeg

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, it's another reminder of life. My in-laws were all friends, and the wife of my BIL's mom passed away, funeral's tomorrow. My FIL got along with her husband, as did I, and I'm having a Perdomo Lot 23 in my FIL's honor. It's a Churchill, which is the size/ring he liked

I went along with splitting a box with him, and not telling him I bought my own box of Toro's, so I always mysteriously had a cigar to share with him that he would enjoy.

The wife's sister took us out for a fish fry after they finished the flower arrangements for the funeral, and I may have overserved myself to the point that it's the rare occasion for "turn on the fan setup, it's indoor cigar night" 😁

Gotta enjoy the basement setup before it's refined and the wife hints at me never smoking in the house again, but until then, enjoy the spray foam dots on that swanky adhesive floor tile! 🤣🤣

Tinkering around with Snapseed photo editing program, and while it doesn't polish up the turd photo, it has some cool elements to it.

Sonsabitches, gotta edit this and add the pic in a bit 🤬😡🤦‍♂️

View attachment 194965
I’m sorry for your loss. I’m trying to connect the dots in your fist paragraph. It sounds complicated but as you say, that’s life! I bought my first Perdomo Lot 23 a few years ago based on your recommendation from your first post. (I guess you could say this thread has gone full circle.) That’s a nice tribute and gesture to your Father in Law. Hang in there today!

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just bought a few boxes of cigars and I am trying a Nub, single roast. Never had them before. Haven’t had one yet, but they really smell chocolatey. I probably have 200 cigars in my humidor and am concerned that the odor of these will transfer to all of my other cigars in the humidor. And then everything will taste the same. Any thoughts on that?
F3CDA5F6-710D-40B6-85DD-9496729C8943.jpegF3CDA5F6-710D-40B6-85DD-9496729C8943.jpeg

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just bought a few boxes of cigars and I am trying a Nub, single roast. Never had them before. Haven’t had one yet, but they really smell chocolatey. I probably have 200 cigars in my humidor and am concerned that the odor of these will transfer to all of my other cigars in the humidor. And then everything will taste the same. Any thoughts on that?
View attachment 195001View attachment 195001
That looks like a great set up! Good question though. Here’s a little blurb from Cigar Aficionado. It seems as though it’s a personal taste or philosophy issue. https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/is-it-ok-to-mix-cigar-brands-in-my-humidor-19332

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 195001
Regarding flavored / infused cigars like the Nub roasts, CAO flavors or Drew Estates, they will definitely add a little scent, and likely touch the flavors of your other sticks. I keep a separate Pelican style case for those types, and if there's multiple flavors going on there (Drew Estate Java mint & an Acid Kuba Kuba, for instance) separate them into their own zipper bag within the Pelican cases. Throw 2-3 60g packs in there of your preferred humidity level minus 2-3 points, so if you prefer the humidity at 70, add a boveda 68. Those flavors seem to run wetter and oftentimes are harder to keep lit due to that.

Your typical sticks are fine to comingle, but look at flavored/infused sticks like they're a pouch of Captain Black pipe tobacco - those will definitely "tint" your standard tobacco stuff.

The Nub Roasts are a little dryer, and might smoke fine at your typical humidity. The flavor isn't as overpowering as the Drew Estate Mocha cigars, but is slightly more than just a kiss of flavor. It isn't for the purist, but I can say those consistently get compliments on the the scent by people who aren't fans of cigar smoke, so apply that to your smoking experience as you see fit 😄 I think you'll find them to be a pleasant change of pace, and if I'm smoking at a party, I always bring 2-3 of those Nubs along, and start with them, and that seems to be a decent compromise for everyone

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jimmers it looks like you have a few Short Story's in there, I really am a fan of those for a nice quick smoke. The other Fuente I like was a Rothschild, can't remember other than that, but you've got yourself a nice collection there

@sunbyrned yeah, it was tough trying to parse the connection as I was writing... It's simple to cut through the family ties, but once it makes it as far as me, it needs more explanation of the family ties.

The short version is that my brother-in-law's mother-in-law was the one to pass away, but the more extended family ties meant more... To me, it's like my mother-in-law 2.0 😄

The family ties and through the years... It almost feels you need to verify the lineage so nobody is breaking the law LOL

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@sunbyrned my FIL, and my BIL's in-laws (I know, gets quickly muddled lol) were also both firefighters for the same department for 30+ years. The yearly Firemen's camping jamboree is how those two families met, and add in my family as "in the neighborhood friends", and actually neighbors both at home AND 200 miles away at our lake houses... Starts to feel like a Jerry Springer show when you start walking down the path of further family connections, family ties, and "well how did you guys know so-and-so, and we met you after this date, but you aren't blood relatives?!?"

Here's a path that my lake house neighbor has to have me explain to others about how we're related - we lived 2 blocks from each other at home, and across the street from each other at our lake houses. My dad's mom's sister was married to the cousin of my neighbors father. 😂😂😵💫

Funniest thing about the lake house neighbor, we each have an identical picture that makes it easy to decipher, but he still has a tough time following it. The pic is about 50 years old, and was from a goose hunting trip. My dad and the neighbor are in it, and the third guy in the pic is his dad's cousin. The neighbor and I both knew him as (and called him) "Uncle Roland", even though he's not an uncle to either of us

It's enough to cause a man to drink, and then things REALLY get interesting! 😂😂

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I somehow can follow all of that you just posted. Here’s the part that I thought was complicated from your original post:

“My in-laws were all friends, and the wife of my BIL's mom passed away, funeral's tomorrow. My FIL got along with her husband…”

By that, it seems as though your Brother in Law’s mother remarried to a woman (who just passed away) and that your Father in Law got along with her ex husband. Regardless of the connections, it’s great that everyone gets along and enjoys life together as it comes.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey @drewkaree and others. I have a question regarding pipe smoking on a boat. I usually smoke cigars on my boat but have gravitated to a pipe here lately. Wondering if any of you have smoked a pipe on your boat with success. There’s a pipe wind screen available. Never really needed one but wonder if they work on a boat. Anyone have any experience with these?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey @drewkaree and others. I have a question regarding pipe smoking on a boat. I usually smoke cigars on my boat but have gravitated to a pipe here lately. Wondering if any of you have smoked a pipe on your boat with success. There’s a pipe wind screen available. Never really needed one but wonder if they work on a boat. Anyone have any experience with these?
I only have one pipe with a wind screen, and it really is designed for working out in the yard when it's windy, but it seems like it wouldn't work as well on the boat.

I never considered a pipe on the boat because it's just a little too fiddly to me compared to a cigar. For me the pipe is more for smoking in the winter time indoors, or sitting around a campfire

My windscreen is best described as a cap with holes around side ridge. It's going to allow airflow, but at boating speeds, if it caught a breeze, I could forsee the ash coming out of the air holes or possibly even flipping up and allowing everything in the bowl to blow out

Maybe a poker style of pipe would travel okay, and would be fine when at anchor. I've got a ridiculous Big Ben poker that's about as large as a soda can and would fit in a cup holder, but it wouldn't handle any breeze whatsoever

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I only have one pipe with a wind screen, and it really is designed for working out in the yard when it's windy, but it seems like it wouldn't work as well on the boat.

I never considered a pipe on the boat because it's just a little too fiddly to me compared to a cigar. For me the pipe is more for smoking in the winter time indoors, or sitting around a campfire

My windscreen is best described as a cap with holes around side ridge. It's going to allow airflow, but at boating speeds, if it caught a breeze, I could forsee the ash coming out of the air holes or possibly even flipping up and allowing everything in the bowl to blow out

Maybe a poker style of pipe would travel okay, and would be fine when at anchor. I've got a ridiculous Big Ben poker that's about as large as a soda can and would fit in a cup holder, but it wouldn't handle any breeze whatsoever
Okay, that’s good to know. I’ll stick with the cigars on the boat. Thanks!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_20230301_072247721_HDR-01.jpeg

This was my wife's grandpa's, I inherited his pipe cellar and all of his pipes, to add to my collection. This is the shield against the wind, and looking at it, the ash will definitely be pulled out through the vent holes, but the cover has a decent friction catch that shouldn't be blown open. Maybe see how yours does in the car as a test run holding it in the path of the wind