• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Gts 187 here

Patrick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I would assume this is all 187 also I noticed the transom is buckling where the extened swim platform bolts to it. There is a crack pushing out wtf. The crack is about a foot long. They might just take the boat back

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I wasn't sure if there were multiple molds.

Pics of the transom cracking? I was just under the back applying Hot Sauce yesterday and saw no issues on mine.

Maybe you should ask to swap for a Scarab!

Last edited:

Patrick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I was told there was 3 molds for the 187 but now what about this crack.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hate that you are having all these issues Patrick. I cant imagine how frustrating going through all those issues. I hope they get resolved quickly.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is Glastron aware of the cracks and buckling and if so are they going to fix it while they are fixing the other problem?

Welcome to the forum.

Patrick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I would assume they will take care of the problems I'm just thinking of looking at a different boat from glastron. These kinds of issue shouldn't be happening on a brand new boat. Just makes me think a little more r&d should of been done. As of now I just can't stand the way the boat handles and now the buckling issue. Wonder what my dealer would do for me I guess I'll find out.

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
It is unfortunate for you. It seems like nearly any new model, Glastron is having their issues.

I would not hesitate to ask for a different boat, especially with the transom issue. It wouldn't hurt to ask and see what could be worked out.

Having that extensive of a repair on your brand new boat seems extreme. I was annoyed when my windshield was removed. I hope it all comes out well and you are on the water soon!

Patrick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Yes it was in the showroom and at the boat show. So Im not sure when it happened. Drew a line where it runs.

Attachments

Patrick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Well my dealer thinks it might just be a defect in the gel coat. I dont think so. With the hull being off and now this I didnt by this from a scratch and dent sale.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Time to start talking options. . . . . They need to get you out of that thing and give you a new one.

Take it from me, NEVER buy a first model year run on ANYTHING. Been burned too many times. I truly feel your pain and wish you the best of luck.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would call Rec Boat Holdings also (231) 775-1351, and let them know you are not happy, and also tell them that you are passing your experiences with other possible customers on this site. And I agree with Devildog, you need to ask for a replacement boat.

Well my dealer thinks it might just be a defect in the gel coat. I dont think so. With the hull being off and now this I didnt by this from a scratch and dent sale.

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
@Glassman may be able to weigh in, but with only a couple of pictures may be limited to what he could determine.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would call Rec Boat Holdings also (231) 775-1351, and let them know you are not happy, and also tell them that you are passing your experiences with other possible customers on this site. And I agree with Devildog, you need to ask for a replacement boat.
Shit. . . . don't just call them, find an email address and send them a link to this thread. Then let then know that THEY are responsible for how this is viewed by the jet boat community.

If you have some time. . . . for examples on how to deal with Lemons read this and follow the links. . . . https://jetboaters.net/threads/new-tow-vehicle.1057/

Patrick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Thanks for all of the help ill keep you all informed on what happens.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I'm seeing the damage correctly my guess is that there is either a void in that area that occurred during lay-up or the schedule is just plain wrong for the stress that area is subject to. (That means they didn't build the transom strong enough to withstand the forces applied to it - either from the power plant or the leverage that bracket exerts on it, or both.)

If numerous boats have the same issue, I'd guess they need to re-work the lay-up schedule. Build a better boat basically. Some parts of a boat can be built tight and light while others just have to be beefy....the transom is one place that is subject to a great deal of stress.

Hope they fix that for you! Or send you a new boat :cool:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Sorry for your aggravating situation... good luck with fix!:winkingthumbsup"

Patrick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Well status update. I spoke to Glastron and they were not aware of the pull to the left under acceloration. They were on familiar with the dive to port when you let off the gas. For you that dont know the hull on my boat is off 1/8" on port side. I have to hold the steering wheel at 2-3 o'clock to try and keep the boat straight. Anything over 20-25 mph gets pretty dangerous and Glastron says its safe to use. So per they Glastron rep they just want to bring the boat up to Cadillac Michigan and try to find out whats going on with it when they know there is a problem. I didnt buy a used boat, and I didnt buy a boat to to have the hull and transom repaired. I bought a brand new boat so I wouldnt have these problems to deal with. Am I wrong or what. Now the transom is cracked around the swim platform.