• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Gts 187 here

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
x3 @0627Devildog . I went to the Glastron site to price out a new 187 GTS since it seemed like a good option for me. I then came back to this site and saw this post under the Glastron forum section. Glastron is no longer on my list up until I see an answer to the pulling problem and overall customer service situation.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mysteriously, there is a link to this VERY post on their FB page. . . . . I sure hope they are paying attention.

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
You can count me in on the "not buying a Glastron or REC Boat Holdings" Train.
Jeez!
No offense to the Scarab owners.

Sorry for your struggles @Patrick.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recommend any members on FB, take the opportunity to post the link to this thread to the Glastron FB Page in support of Patrick. . . . . There are a LOT of boatless folks looking and coming here for info who don't even register.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sarab, and MarineMax have been nothing but first class with me. I wouldn't bulk RBH with them. Each division makes their own decisions. But I cant believe they just ignored this thread. It comes up when I search Google. Not a good way for a company trying to reinvent itself to handle their first customers.

You can count me in on the "not buying a Glastron or REC Boat Holdings" Train.
Jeez!
No offense to the Scarab owners.

Sorry for your struggles @Patrick.

Last edited:

Kevin Turner

Jet Boat Addict
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The below copy and paste is from my FB page. Shameless plug? Maybe, however I just want folks to know there's many happy endings when a builder drops the ball. To date, I've no idea why a simple fuel spill stained Justin's first boat. However, with in seconds of hearing of the issue, I knew the only option was building him a new ride. Nobody wants a patched or repainted "brand new" anything...right? (Mods, plse delete if this comes across as promotion instead of a "happy ending" post. KT)

Justin Wxxxxx

June 28
I can't say enough good things about the folks at Riverpro! I had a gas spill on my gray boat the day after I picked it up and it messed up the paint just a little bit. I called Kevin Turner (owner of Riverpro) that following Monday to ask for advice on what to do and he insisted on building me a new boat even though it wasn't really their fault that the gas spilled. So here is a picture of my new boat that Chris Gorsuch (Vice President/GM at Riverpro) just delivered! I decided to go with black and tan on this one and I'm glad I did! Thanks again to the guys at Riverpro! If anyone is in the market for a skinny water jet boat or just a good all around boat I highly recommend these guys, they build a hell of a boat and have the best customer service I've ever seen when it comes to boat builder's!

nickg123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Wow you guys I just read this whole thread and I realized that I bought Patrick's boat. I called the dealer and told them the issue and they are telling me I just don't know how to drive. They also said they sent it to glastron and glastron deemed it fit for recreation. I took this boat out on the Chicago river with friends the other day and was cruising 35 mph. One girl leaned towards me and and the thing dove hard left almost crashing into a concrete wall. Luckily I hammered it in reverse but it was a close call. I'm sick to my stomach after reading all of this truth!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Did we ever learn what became of the infamous boat? I didn't see any post about the outcome. I can't imagine they would resell it and just make another enemy That would be very foolish on their part.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Get a lawyer a get your money back. File a complaint with the U.S. COAST GUARD.

I feel badly for you guys that are at the mercy of a new line of boats that most likely has manufacture defects that can be deadly.

nickg123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Yeah I have a lawyer and boat Mechanic working together on this. They have enough to make a good case. What I was trying to say in the first message is that I have Patrick's actual boat. He must have traded it in to a place in indiana and they sold it to me. Man I'm so bummed I won't be able to be out boarding with the rest of you anytime soon.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@nickg123 I hope it all works out and I have a feeling it will. Can't wait to see your new one. :)

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm glad you found us but sorry to hear about your problem. Maybe test ride another same model boat for comparison.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I have a lawyer and boat Mechanic working together on this. They have enough to make a good case. What I was trying to say in the first message is that I have Patrick's actual boat. He must have traded it in to a place in indiana and they sold it to me. Man I'm so bummed I won't be able to be out boarding with the rest of you anytime soon.
Wow, you HAVE to to get this out in the open. Send links to News channels, Twitter, Facebook, whatever the hell else works these days.

This is downright criminal...to pass this boat around like that. It should have been scrapped!

What is it going to take?

Someone getting hurt? Or worse?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That SUCKS. . . If they really did resell you his boat (maybe you can compare HIN's) there has GOT to be a legal case here. With over the road vehicles that have been returned under lemon law they cannot be resold.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If in fact they did resell that boat wouldn't it make sense to have fixed it first?
I can understand someone buying a new boat and expecting a new boat not one that needed to be fixed because it was a NEW boat , but a used boat being fixed would not be an issue if it was fixed by the factory correctly.
If they sold it to someone else without fixing it first someone should be held accountable .

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If I recall correctly the hull had a slight curve in it near the transom creating drag on one side. No big deal for the factory to correct that issue.
You could hold a straight edge to the bottom of the boat and look for a curve of the surface near the back, if you see the curve on the bottom surface you will see why the boat is pulling to one side.

nickg123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Yeah I saw Patrick's name listed on the original title as well as the fact that he is from Fort Wayne, not even 15 mins from the dealer I bought it from. Today the owner of the dealer tells me that they sent the boat into glastron and they say it's fine. If it was fine why send a boat with 14 hrs to the manufacturer is my question. the boat clearly is super dangerous. Iv been boating since I was a child and no boat does an almost 180 degree turn without someone turning the wheel one and no pressure on the throttle. I would never tow a friend boarding because I could potentially hurt him bad. I'm super frustrated about it but it helps having all of your input and I thank you. The owner wants me to demonstrate the problem for him this Saturday and I will do so. I told him already that I want a new boat or my money back. I'm not settling for less. They can keep this death trap.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd also consider getting the State A.G. involved. . . . .

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I would print out the thread and give them a copy, pretty damning evidence to support your claim.