• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Tow Vehicle. . . .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

After quite an ordeal with my 2011 JGC Overland which wound up being a lemon. . . . the replacement finally arrived.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Very nice!!

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wow congrats! -edited to stay on topic

Last edited:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice! I'm assuming you got this one with a Hemi as well. Did you consider the diesel option at all? Hope you have better luck with this one.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice looking ride. Congrats.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice looking ride! That hemi+8 speed will be awesome to tow with!

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice car, almost bought one myself, but went with Durango for the 3rd row.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
:thumbsup: Nice!! Congrats man!!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those of you that were following this thread. . . . . http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60674&p=508984#p508984

*****THE SAGA CONTINUES*****

So for those of you following this thread, that have offered your opinion, moral support, or have just enjoyed following along. . . There has been a VERY interesting twist.

Right at the end of the deal, when the finance person reached out to us to discuss how much we were putting down v.s. how much we were financing she conveyed that I was eligible for additional discounts one for military service, and the other due to the fact that I had and active lease at the time of purchase. She emailed me the final figures and it was a cost savings of around an additional $4500 (roughly). This was all the Friday before I picked the vehicle up on last Monday. We get to the dealership, I show a copy of my DD214 (military discharge papers) and a copy of my previous lease agreement. We sign all the paperwork and I take delivery of the vehicle and post about it here.

Then, last Friday I get a call from the Sales manager who was "checking in" to see how the purchase was going so far. But that wasn't the ONLY reason he was calling. He then went on to explain that the Finance person muffed up the paperwork and incorrectly gave me an additional $2300 (roughly) in rebates and that I now owe the dealership more money. My initial thought was after everything I have been through with the other dealer, Jeep HQ, and the dealer experience there is no way your getting another dime out of me. . . . .But then, due to a sense of honor I told him to send me some supporting paperwork and I would take a look at it.

He sent the paperwork (which included a handwritten note on legal pad scanned in) via email LATE Friday after I left for the weekend. I reviewed it over the weekend and found that by his new math they are claiming that I owe them an additional $4500, after initially telling me it was only $2300. Honestly, the incompetence at this dealership is beyond explanation. All of the numbers line up as to what was agreed to the day of signing. . . but his handwritten note tried to use some funky figures to explain the discrepancy.

I had planned on calling him today to discuss the details, and see why there was a change in the amount from our phone conversation and his email a few hours later. . . . But then I came home to another scathing email where he is scolding me and putting the responsibility on me to "do the right thing".

Not only was his email rude and accusatory, but is was formatted poorly and grammatically inaccurate (which angered me almost as much) . . . . . .

I have reviewed the contracts with an attorney friend of mine and for reference, legally they don't have a leg to stand on whatsoever. . . the contracts are signed, sealed, and delivered.

So there are a few nagging questions in my mind that remain......

Considering all I have been through and the nature of this transaction (Exec. Relations Escalation) how is it that you have such a mosh if idiots working on this deal without double and triple checking it for accuracy BEFORE execution?

With his appeal to my sense of "honor and personal responsibility" in his email where he places the entire burden on ME after HIS people screwed up (AGAIN). . . . where is HIS sense of personal responsibility?

Since I was mis-led by the finance person to believe I was eligible for additional incentives, and now they are attempting to take them away. . . . were they simply trying to make more money on the deal and pocket those incentives themselves?

Even IF I believed his reasoning for either his first or second (more expensive) revision (which I don't at the moment) should I be responsible for their "mistake" considering I bought it at the final price that was represented?

Thoughts?

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry, didn't read the whole thread... But the way I look at it is that if the bank screwed up and deposited $4,500 in my bank account, I wouldn't expect to be able to keep it.

However, I wouldn't expect them to be all bitchy to me about their mistake, and would also not expect any inconvenience to me to correct their error.

I'd pretty much demand an apology from the guy, and if they want to fix their mistake, they are going to have to come to me, do so on my time, and compensate me for that time.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry, didn't read the whole thread... But the way I look at it is that if the bank screwed up and deposited $4,500 in my bank account, I wouldn't expect to be able to keep it.

However, I wouldn't expect them to be all bitchy to me about their mistake, and would also not expect any inconvenience to me to correct their error.

I'd pretty much demand an apology from the guy, and if they want to fix their mistake, they are going to have to come to me, do so on my time, and compensate me for that time.
While I agree with the sentiment in your bank analogy, I am not sure it applies here. . . . . . These incentives (military and current lease promo) which were provided are valid incentives from my perspective that they have just decided are null? So where does that money go, to pad their bottom line even further at my expense? It's not like Joe Smith's money was deposited into the wrong account here. We have a contracted, agreed upon price based on the offers that were represented.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Respectfully - tell him to F--K OFF! :finger:
You/they signed a legal contract - it's not your fault they screwed up. He probably had his eyes focused on more commission.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Is there another dealer that is close to you or within a reasonable distance? If you are going to have to deal with them in the future for warranty work/service I wouldnt want to have a bad relationship with them.

Maybe split the difference and have him throw in some free service or something to make up for his mistakes? However, if you have access to another dealer I would think about walking.

Another option would be to call corporate and see what they say? Are you supposed to come up with this money from your pocket? If it would be rolled up in your loan you would have to refi correct?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Being in the NYM Region, there are plenty of dealers around to bring the car in for service too. . . .

As far as splitting the difference. . . . with the ever changing numbers, I am not sure what that figure even is.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If the contract is signed and done I wouldn't feel a bit bad about their "mistake". I guarantee they still made money on the sale.
About 20 years ago I traded a truck in on a used truck, a couple days later the salesman called and said they messed up on the trade-in value and I owed them $1200. I called back the next day and a manager just happened to answer, he got pissed that the salesman tried to make me come back in to redo the paperwork. He told me that when the contract is signed you have no obligation to pay for their mistake.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My obligation to pay isn't even a question. . . . I have ZERO obligation to pay. On that note, if the roles were reversed and I happened to sign away more money to them how quick would they be to return it if it was in the contract? Hmmmmm?

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have you considered that there is no mistake and the dealer might just be trying to take advantage of you? The whole situation seems suspect. He calls to follow up with you, seeing that he now has a rapport with you introduces the $2,300 "alleged" mistake. You, being a decent person, give him an audience and allow him to make his case. He in turn jumps on the opportunity to maximize his ask and doubles the amount, why not, you aren't fighting him yet. After he submits his proof, if you do not respond immediate, he has to try and bully you and force you into a quick decision. The more time passes, the more you will realize this doesn't feel right. It seems like a case study on trying to con someone. I'd respond with, talk to my attorney scumbag.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very valid point. However, my gut is telling me that he isn't a Con Artist kinda guy. I honestly think he is too much of a simpleton for that.

But what if they are messing up the figures now, instead of messing up the figures before? With soooo many discrepancies, and multiple mis-quotes there is no way I can be sure they are not messing it up this time and not before.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I would call them to explain your position and see where they want to take it. I would not back down if you feel you are right. Not sure on the details so hard to advise. Then the next move is theirs. You would think they would let it go if valid incentives.