• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Tow Vehicle. . . .

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Forward that email to the dealership owner! What a joke.
Agree with this 100%.... along with a copy to ma Chrysler.. let it be over with...

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Contact the lender and notify them of the issues, contact the better business bureau and see if this is a common issue with this dealer.
This is their business and their responsibility to be honest and accurate. The state may have people who look into consumer fraud issues, this may or may not come under fraudulent practices, it just depends on how often they do this. I would also contact a consumer lawyer just to see what you are responsible for legally.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
It is time to put this behind you and move on with enjoying your new ride! Your obligation to the dealership ended with their signing and excepting of the contracts. Thats it....done!!!

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I just saw your Sea Doo case on the other site. You seem to be having some bad luck with motor vehicles...

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So here's an update to this story for you. . . . The Sales Manager, had the General Manager reach out to me to try and further coerce me into signing a "new agreement".

His Email:

Mr. (0627Devildog),

Thank you for your response! As you are aware we have a major error with your finance contract that needs to be corrected immediately. You were given, in error, the Chrysler employee discount of $2338.92 & the $2000 Chrysler trade assistance money twice. The $2338.92 discount was included the “top line” purchase price of 46137.67 & the additional trade assistance was included in the $30000 trade allowance shown on your bill of sale. As you know we appraised your vehicle for $28000. Much to our surprise (Sales Manager), on your behalf managed to get an additional $2000 assistance from Chrysler for your traded vehicle. Our billing department subsequently billed the transaction incorrectly by allowing you this money again as a rebate further reducing the finance balance by an additional $4338.92. Unfortunately this was not picked up in time and corrected at the time of delivery.

(Dealership Name) Jeep has not submitted the existing finance contract to the financing institution as we need to re-contract with the appropriate amount. Since time is of the essence, I will prepare a new contract tomorrow morning and have an employee bring it to you at a time convenient. I apologize for the error and any inconvenience this may have created. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and I patiently await your response.

(General Manager)

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My Reply:

Mr. (General Manager),

I am aware of no such thing. The only thing that I am aware of is that after a negotiated final price was set on a signed contract, your representative is claiming an error was made.

I believe that to close this deal your representatives have over promised and were not able “make the numbers work” after the fact. It is apparent to me that after a long protracted battle with Chrysler HQ over the 2011 JGC Lemon, and my frustration with the lack of movement, in order to win my business the pricing was mis-represented in an attempt to close this deal. The subsequent attempts to coerce me into signing a new agreement for MORE than the agreed price can only be viewed as harassment at this point. . . . .

I was initially contacted 5 days after we took delivery, and was told over the phone by (Sales Manager) that a $2300 error was made. I told him then, I did not agree based on our previous discussions but he implored me to look at some documents via email to which I said I would. Then in his subsequent (virtually illegible) email he claims it was more than double that amount.

Now you represent an entirely different number below, which does not make mention of the "current lease discount" as part of the rebates offered or account for it anywhere else. Additionally, you cite your surprise that (Sales Manager) was able to get an additional $2000 from Chrysler HQ, but don’t mention the $2300 that I negotiated from Chrysler HQ as part of the deal. Could you be so surprised because he didn’t actually get it? Or maybe it wasn't represented accurately? Even in (Sales Manager)’s below email at the bottom of this chain he mentions the “extra $2300” that you make no mention of.

I can assure you that your issue is with your staff, not I. There is obviously a significant disconnect with what was sold, how it was represented, and the discrepancies in all of the numbers your representing after the fact.

The contract that we agreed to is already accurate, and still binding. My suggestion, is that you submit the documentation to Chrysler Capital as executed and move on as I will not be signing any additional documents when I return from vacation.

I wish you the best of luck straightening out the many challenges that are glaringly present within your dealership.

Regards,
(0627Devildog)

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since I the deal closed and the harassment for more money began I have been in contact with Chrysler Capital to see whether or not they submitted the paperwork and to ensure the amounts were accurate. Based on my calls and his email above I was able to confirm they had not submitted the paperwork prior to my email above.

However, about a week after I sent that email when I hadn't heard back from the dealership I called Chrysler Capital again to follow up. FINALLY, they had received the paperwork AND all the figures were accurate and reflected what was in the contract I signed.

SO, at least for the time being it appears as though they conceded the fact that they're employees are a bunch of morons.

With the paperwork submitted to Chrysler Capital it would make any attempt they might take via-legal action near impossible in my mind. As such, I am officially declaring VICTORY.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Now go enjoy that new boat!!! When do you take delivery? It should be getting close?

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome! glad it worked out

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
You really need to let everyone know in your area to avoid these idiots

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WOW..talking about drama...maybe they should fire everyone and hire all new staff. Hopefully you never hav to deal with them again.

Miller_Time

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Its scary how incompetent some people can be.... Glad to hear it worked out, great looking tow vehicle!

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Glad it worked out. After he treated you like that, I would have told him to contact his attorney. They didn't have a leg to stand on...after treating you like crap.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now go enjoy that new boat!!! When do you take delivery? It should be getting close?
Supposed to take delivery last week. . . . Mother nature had different plans though. We moved it up to tomorrow, but it's supposed to rain/thunder/lightening for much of the day. So for now we are playing it by ear. If not by tomorrow, it will likely have to be pushed out to next week sometime. Ugh.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just keep telling yourself that if the reverse had happened, i.e. if they discovered a similar error in their favor, they would not be hunting you down to renegotiate the the contract.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, I have NO illusions about that I assure you. I won't be losing an ounce of sleep over this now that the contract was submitted to Chrysler Capital.

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow! Next time I need help with a legal issue I might be calling! Well done.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I think my blood pressure went up a few points just reading this thread. Glad this is over. Nice job on the messaging back to them. Very professional and factual.

Now enjoy your new toys!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Funny side note. . . . It was my birthday on 5/3, and yesterday 5/5 I get an automated call from the "Owner" wishing me a Happy Birthday. . . . and telling me just how much they value my business. They can't even get an automated message right. :banghead: