• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Tow Vehicle. . . .

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry for all the crap you've been through just trying to buy a car. I can totally understand wanting to do the honorable thing, but in this case with the way you've been treated from the beginning and the way you are currently being treated, the dealer will have to eat his mistake (if there truley is one). I'm sure they still made money. I also think they should be bending over backwards to make you happy.

If the dealer still hassles you, I would take the car back. Telling them that they have loss all future sales from you and your family. Then go to a completely different brand, one that will treat fairly and with the respect you deserve.

As a military BRAT, I use USAA as my bank (which is available to you with your military background). They have a car buying service that sets the price before you even go to the dealer. I used it on my last purchase and it worked flawlessly and saved several thousand because the price was already pre negotiated. My dad just used the service in January to buy a Mercedes and saved over $8000. Hope this helps for future purchases.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My counter to your point is that the finance folks are sharks, period. They are smart and very crafty with this stuff. In the 2014, there is no way your finance person could have entered the rebates incorrectly. The computer system used to process transactions would have red flagged her. Salesmen can from time to time screw up, but not the finance folks. If there is a mistake, it would be that the dealer took to long to process the transaction with Chrysler and the rebate expired.....and that is a BIG maybe. Never feel bad for a dealer.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I had a buddy who traded in a old dodge durango on a vw jetta. after the trade took place and all the paperwork was done the durango caught fire while in possession of the dealer. the dealer had the balls to actually try to convince my buddy it was his responsibility to claim it on his car insurance! i say....you are under to moral obligation to cough up any more money....especially after they behaved after the fact. car dealers will eek out every penny from anyone.

consider it a win for all of us that had to endure the torture of buying a car.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A deal is a deal, it's signed and done. They had ample time to verify the numbers. This sounds like a scam to me so I would find another dealer to do your service.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I would say, "Here is my attorney's number, you can contact him". Pretty safe to say you won't here back. Then chalk up one for the good guys !!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The"walk out price" is why you bought the vehicle. That is what was negotiated at time of sale. If it would have been their "new" price prior to the sales. You might not have bought from them. Contract is a contract.. this sellers regret is on them..not you. You did nothing wrong in this. You knew from their bargaining tools and incentives what you were to pay before you signed. You did not scam them. I'd tell them"but that was the deal that got you the sale" and follow it up with" Please have your district manager call me to explain this cause for harassment" I would let him know you feel you are being pinched..and don't appreciate it. If that doesn't stop this. Ask the district manager for his superior's# or just call corporate yourself.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would make them work as hard as you had in order to get any money out of you.... I am 100% in agreement about being honest, but i think you have done way more than your share. I would not give anything back based on how you have been treated...

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Definitely keep us posted how this plays out......This is VERY interesting !!

Drinkwater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Funny, true story that happened to me and my wife:
We bought her a new Jeep Grand Cherokee at Moritz Jeep in Fort Worth Texas. It was her first brand new car ever! She loved it and after getting our military discount, a $3000 rebate (marked on the windshield) , a fair trade value for her Ford Taurus, we negotiated a cost for the car (before rebates) at $250 under invoice. They prepped the car and we did all the paperwork and went home, all in about 4 hours. I had researched actual dealer cost and knew we had a great deal. 2 hours later the salesman calls my wife and says they made an error on the rebate and it was actually only $1000. She put me on the phone at the point he was offering to split the difference. I asked him to get me the manager and spoke to him. I told him the car was clearly marked with a 3k rebate and we finalized the deal before we left and did all the financing already. He said he had to check something and would call me back. I got the call 10 minutes later.. bottom line was the lot manager put the wrong rebate amount in the car and that was their fault...not mine. He said we bought the car at that price and apologized for the salesman calling my wife. He did say they lost money on the car but would rather us be a happy customer than to try to recover any money they made a mistake on.

I would have to say.. you bought a car at an agreed price, including rebates etc.. they need to honor that. Have a chat with the GM or owner and see if they have the same attitude.

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not sure if this is the same in all states, but from what I remember ( when I worked at a dealership many moons ago) the rebates from a manufacture need to be listed independently on the buyers order, as to not confuse them for this exact reason. If the $4500 is listed separately (individually for each rebate) then they may have a point if the can prove those rebates are no longer valid from the manufacture. Even if this is true they should have tried to " make a deal" with you for your inconvenience.

However, if they are just listed as a discounted price off of MSRP then not your problem at all.

Please feel free to correct for grammatical errors :p

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am not sure if this is the same in all states, but from what I remember ( when I worked at a dealership many moons ago) the rebates from a manufacture need to be listed independently on the buyers order, as to not confuse them for this exact reason. If the $4500 is listed separately (individually for each rebate) then they may have a point if the can prove those rebates are no longer valid from the manufacture. Even if this is true they should have tried to " make a deal" with you for your inconvenience.

However, if they are just listed as a discounted price off of MSRP then not your problem at all.

Please feel free to correct for grammatical errors :p
The amount in question is listed in the rebate incentive area and it not itemized breaking out the different applicable rebates. I dont have it in front of me at the moment but the numbers he is claiming we are "off" don't even match whats in the rebate area if I remember correctly.

P.s. improper grammar on a web board is no where near as aggravating as improper format and grammar on a business email.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd pull all of the information together (e-mails and all) and send one copy to the OWNER of the dealership and another copy to Mother Chrysler with a cover letter explaining this new twist in the situation. Tell them you are anxiously awaiting their take on the situation. Make sure both know that copies have been sent.

And don't pay anybody another f-'n dime.

This has gone way past ridiculous. Man, I'm getting pissed off FOR you!

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The amount in question is listed in the rebate incentive area and it not itemized breaking out the different applicable rebates. I dont have it in front of me at the moment but the numbers he is claiming we are "off" don't even match whats in the rebate area if I remember correctly.

P.s. improper grammar on a web board is no where near as aggravating as improper format and grammar on a business email.
If it is listed as a rebate then they would need to prove the amount listed was no longer available. I'm not quite sure, but if it is listed separately and the manufacture no longer offers it, they may be right. However they should certainly offer some concessions. I also demand proof before I gave them another dime. Also, if you financed it and it's been more then three days and they submitted it, that opens up another can of worms.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it is listed as a rebate then they would need to prove the amount listed was no longer available. I'm not quite sure, but if it is listed separately and the manufacture no longer offers it, they may be right. However they should certainly offer some concessions. I also demand proof before I gave them another dime. Also, if you financed it and it's been more then three days and they submitted it, that opens up another can of worms.
Whether the amount is or isn't still available to THEM is irrelevant in my mind. . . . that is what they represented to me to seal the deal. You can't come back to me 5 Days later and say, oh by the way we made an error gimme another $4500.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I cringe at the thought of putting this up here because it is literally so improperly written it is hard to follow. But I wanted to share his email with you guys, so I could share my retort and get your thoughts. . .

This is his email, verbatim (names redacted & comments inserted for contextual purposes only). . . . in all of its grammatically incorrect glory:

"Good evening,i am very disappointed by your reaction to Name Redacted error the other day.After all our emails over the last 2 months working on trying to swap a unit in for you & working with Redacted Name to get you more money to raise your trade from $28k to $30 k & getting him to give the extra $300 for the fees you went over every detail on the order form,even detailing in an email that you were being forced to pay $17.9k to get this overland.
You highlighted in capital letters every detail even saying it was a deal killer & the straw that broke the camels back if I didn't get Name Redacted to give the extra $2300.You talk about being a Big fan of capitalism & free markets in one email & maybe we should part company.You keep talking about you were going to buy a bmw (NOT True, just told them they offered more on trade) & even spoke to me one time I called you while you were at a ford dealer & taking delivery that day (Never said I was taking delivery on a Ford, but I was at a dealer one time when he called) & thanked me for all my help.You are mad at Prior Dealership Name Redacted & are taking it out on Current Dealership name redacted who has done everything to make you a happy jeep owner .
I have the Chrysler approval dated 3/27 showing the sale price of $46138-trade of $28000+$2338 from chry.& $5000total down payment leaving a amount financed of $12680 that she spoke to you about with a payment of $373.74 @month for 36 months.
Some how when she put the final #'s in the computer she gave you credit for the Cid money that the factory gives us to offset the$ 2368 that we sell the truck for under cost as you see on the invoice & gave you credit for the $2000 for the trade on top total of $30k making you get $32k rather than her giving $28k +the $2k getting you to the agreed upon price of $30k.
My Name you knew the #'s inside out & knew there was no way that you would be financing only $7889.
Please respond & do the right thing .Current Dealership name is out the money not Chrysler.
Cordialy,Redacted Name

Last edited:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My reply:

His Name,

I take issue with so many aspects of your email that I barely even know where to begin. . . . .

First - If you’re going to attempt to correspond with me via email please have someone look it over for proper formatting and grammar. This is not an attempt to insult you, I seriously can barely follow along with how poorly it is written.

Second - The fact that this is coming from what appears to be a personal email address has me quite concerned. This certainly doesn’t help make these claims that you are making appear any more valid. If this is truly official dealership business, then why are you not using the email address from your dealership?

Third - The harassing, accusatory nature of your email is quite troubling. You address me as if I am to blame for this “mistake”, as if I am intentionally going out of my way to screw you over. We both know this could not be further from the truth.

Fourth - When I spoke to Name Redacted we did not discuss the final figures because she was awaiting the final figures from YOU. . . . which I was told she didn’t get until 3/31, and by your email below you claim to have had on 3/27. The only discussion I had with her was regarding how much I was going to put down ($4K in addition to the $1K Deposit) AND the fact that I had a current lease which she advised would reduce the cost of the vehicle further. I did not get the final numbers until the morning of (after several attempts each of the 3 prior days), when she called my home to advise my wife with a reminder to bring in the lease agreement. We never talked about a final finance amount OR a monthly payment until MONDAY when I picked up the car.

Fifth - Your ever changing financial figures. . . . . When we first spoke on the phone on Friday (5 Days after the purchase was completed) you told me that there was supposedly a $2300 “mistake". Unless you are incorrect (yet again) by your NEW math below, it appears that you are now claiming that there is a gap of up to $4791.00? The trade value on the form was exactly what we agreed to ($30K) then below you cite the additional $2300 you got from Marvin. No where are you mentioning the lease promo offer for which I brought in the paperwork, which I believe to be the $2338 reflected on the "Incentives Configurator “.

Sixth - Given the nature of the circumstances with which we came about doing business (you know, a Chrysler Exec. Relations Escalation) your claim that Name Redacted is “just new” and "made a mistake” (if true) speaks volumes about how poorly your dealership handled the situation. Considering I: had to reach out to the owner to get an initial response, had to constantly follow up with you when you failed to meet your commitments with getting back to me, took delivery of a car with black hand prints on the interior doors and dirty drivers seats, and on the day of pickup waited 3 LONG hours (any one of which you could have sat me down to review the paperwork and discuss the “mistake”) I wouldn’t exactly rate the experience consistent with what you tout as your 5 Star Dealer Status.

Since you cited my email whereas I discussed being a fan of capitalism and free markets, maybe you should have looked them up to get a better understanding as to how they function. I came to you, signed a contract, for the agreed upon price which I received prior to us sealing the deal. If you agreed to a price you could not authorize to close the deal that is not my fault, nor is it my problem. You see, I also believe in PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY where YOU are responsible for YOUR OWN actions. . .

The more I look at this the more I get the inclination that you’re attempting to scam me by appealing to my sense of honor. If you feel you have good legal cause to further this discussion, and would like my attorney’s information to do so let me know. Otherwise, any additional harassment pertaining to this matter will be forwarded to Chrysler HQ and the Proper Authorities.

Cordially,

My Name

Last edited:

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My reply:

His Name,

I take issue with so many aspects of your email that I barely even know where to begin. . . . .

First - If you’re going to attempt to correspond with me via email please have someone look it over for proper formatting and grammar. This is not an attempt to insult you, I seriously can barely follow along with how poorly it is written.

Second - The fact that this is coming from what appears to be a personal email address has me quite concerned. This certainly doesn’t help make these claims that you are making appear any more valid. If this is truly official dealership business, then why are you not using the email address from your dealership?

Third - The harassing, accusatory nature of your email is quite troubling. You address me as if I am to blame for this “mistake”, as if I am intentionally going out of my way to screw you over. We both know this could not be further from the truth.

Fourth - When I spoke to Name Redacted we did not discuss the final figures because she was awaiting the final figures from YOU. . . . which I was told she didn’t get until 3/31, and by your email below you claim to have had on 3/27. The only discussion I had with her was regarding how much I was going to put down ($4K in addition to the $1K Deposit) AND the fact that I had a current lease which she advised would reduce the cost of the vehicle further. I did not get the final numbers until the morning of (after several attempts each of the 3 prior days), when she called my home to advise my wife with a reminder to bring in the lease agreement. We never talked about a final finance amount OR a monthly payment until MONDAY when I picked up the car.

Fifth - Your ever changing financial figures. . . . . When we first spoke on the phone on Friday (5 Days after the purchase was completed) you told me that there was supposedly a $2300 “mistake". Unless you are incorrect (yet again) by your NEW math below, it appears that you are now claiming that there is a gap of up to $4791.00? The trade value on the form was exactly what we agreed to ($30K) then below you cite the additional $2300 you got from Marvin. No where are you mentioning the lease promo offer for which I brought in the paperwork, which I believe to be the $2338 reflected on the "Incentives Configurator “.

Sixth - Given the nature of the circumstances with which we came about doing business (you know, a Chrysler Exec. Relations Escalation) your claim that Name Redacted is “just new” and "made a mistake” (if true) speaks volumes about how poorly your dealership handled the situation. Considering I: had to reach out to the owner to get an initial response, had to constantly follow up with you when you failed to meet your commitments with getting back to me, took delivery of a car with black hand prints on the interior doors and dirty drivers seats, and on the day of pickup waited 3 LONG hours (any one of which you could have sat me down to review the paperwork and discuss the “mistake”) I wouldn’t exactly rate the experience consistent with what you tout as your 5 Star Dealer Status.

Since you cited my email whereas I discussed being a fan of capitalism and free markets, maybe you should have looked them up to get a better understanding as to how they function. I came to you, signed a contract, for the agreed upon price which I received prior to us sealing the deal. If you agreed to a price you could not authorize to close the deal that is not my fault, nor is it my problem. You see, I also believe in PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY where YOU are responsible for YOUR OWN actions. . .

The more I look at this the more I get the inclination that you’re attempting to scam me by appealing to my sense of honor. If you feel you have good legal cause to further this discussion, and would like my attorney’s information to do so let me know. Otherwise, any additional harassment pertaining to this matter will be forwarded to Chrysler HQ and the Proper Authorities.

Cordially,

My Name
Correct response. To me it looks like they gave you a price (based on receiving the rebates) purposely not telling you to make it look like they were giving you a great deal. The person finalizing probably didn't know either, since they have to list it separately. So that person had to give you your rebate, which gave you the extra discount.

Totally on them, their fault, you don't owe them anything. That is a shady move, and hopefully they learned a lesson.

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My take on this is simple. They put everything down in writing. You signed, accepting what was offered making it legally binding. Their mistake, your benefit. A few years ago my home owners premium had gone down one year. Me being curious called and asked what was the reason. A woman on the phone stated that the premium had not not gone down, but that it had gone up. I told her not according to the renewal I had in my hand. She placed me on hold and verified the policy renewal was for a lessor amount and that they would honor it. Their mistake, my benefit.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Forward that email to the dealership owner! What a joke.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would say, "Here is my attorney's number, you can contact him". Pretty safe to say you won't here back. Then chalk up one for the good guys !!
Exactly the way I would handle it but I would also let them know that if it is determined that you owe any money through this process that you will be deducting your attorney fees from the amount due. As a fellow Marine (and a decent human being), I understand that you want to do the right thing. Unfortunately, they have this thing so messed up and confused, that you may get taken advantage of by doing the right thing. By inserting the attorney, they will know that eything has to be done above board and that they will need to clearly demonstrate the facts. I have a feeling that this will die quietly. I would find a new dealer for service and never do business with them again.