• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
$150 month covered enclosed with light and power outlet to plug in charger 32x11. Unit is locking with security surveillance. Near Houston TX. For us close to home and equal distance from the 2 lakes we most frequent.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What's something like that cost in places with lots of boats? We have a similar setup, but gravel instead of pavement and not great roof/walls. We have a tall spot on the end for $185 a month, no power/water/nothing, just a parking spot.
90 a month for me. Lake Lanier GA. 5 minutes from boat ramp

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Fired her up this past Saturday! First time over a year! Just made sure secured and covered today. Sounds like gonna get a ton of rain possible hail possible tornado.

CanTex

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How do you like the lake? Is it stumpy?
We enjoy Cedar Creek Lake, been going there since 2016. It's one of the few lakes in TX that removed stumps before the lake was impounded (any area south of the 334 bridge is clear of stumps). The lake runs north south, when the wind blows it can get real choppy in the main body, but you can usually find a finger cover with calmer water for water sports. My wife & I are glassy water snobs and usually head out for a morning surf session around 7:30 before the wind picks up or other boaters get on the lake.

Happy to answer any additional questions or share my favorite surf spots!!

1712016626674.png

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Boat came out of storage and goes in the slip tomorrow. Today was; wash and wax, install batteries, oil change…still need to tackle impeller.
Purchased Trinova foam cannon, fun to use makes you want to wash everything. Foamy soap layer was meh…I was using Walmart car soap at a 50:50 ratio. More trial and error in my future. Wife enjoyed the heck out of foam cannon!!! View attachment 217123View attachment 217124View attachment 217125
It may be less about your soap and more about your pressure washer. They make different size orifices for foam cannons......They're generally all pretty similar in the guts side of the house. May need a smaller orifice to really foam it up. As far as soap best soap I've ever used is Meguiars Hyperwash. I use about 3oz of soap and the rest water in my foam cannon and it's like near shaving cream consistency.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We enjoy Cedar Creek Lake, been going there since 2016. It's one of the few lakes in TX that removed stumps before the lake was impounded (any area south of the 334 bridge is clear of stumps). The lake runs north south, when the wind blows it can get real choppy in the main body, but you can usually find a finger cover with calmer water for water sports. My wife & I are glassy water snobs and usually head out for a morning surf session around 7:30 before the wind picks up or other boaters get on the lake.

Happy to answer any additional questions or share my favorite surf spots!!

View attachment 217311
Thanks for the info! I have seen some waterfront properties for sale there, but had avoided because I thought the lake was shallow and stumpy. Thanks for clarifying 👍

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I forgot to mention that it’s $1300 for the season which is May through October.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dug up a picture. $2220 a year, no power, no work allowed, no storage of anything not attached. There is an air hose and a wash bucket on the way in and out.

IMG_0518.jpeg

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
StoreEase. About 5 minutes away from 6 mile ramp and 7 from Charleston
Appreciate it. looked it up, about the same distance from our house Mall of Georgia area) as our current unit at Park Marine (Port Royal). We put in at Vann's Tavern.

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Appreciate it. looked it up, about the same distance from our house Mall of Georgia area) as our current unit at Park Marine (Port Royal). We put in at Vann's Tavern.
I left Port Royale. 7k a year was bothering me!

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I am in one of the storage units (10 X 30) on rhe left as you come in. Just under $2K a year.

Ribs77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got a wet slip secured @ 6 months for $325/month (Seattle). Winter storage is free at my inlaws farm (indoor barn) 🙏

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've got a wet slip secured @ 6 months for $325/month (Seattle). Winter storage is free at my inlaws farm (indoor barn) 🙏
It is practically impossible to secure partial year wet slip here.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am in one of the storage units (10 X 30) on rhe left as you come in. Just under $2K a year.
That is not bad. They didn't offer me that when I said I was leaving. Do they let you use the ramp at the marina?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
That is not bad. They didn't offer me that when I said I was leaving. Do they let you use the ramp at the marina?
They said it was available. Issue is you have to go back through the guard gate, and if I remember, parking is a little way off. We just drive to Vann's (less than 5 minutes). I have never not been able to park, although it does get crowed on the weekends with lots of people parking in the trailer only section with no trailers.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
lots of people parking in the trailer only section with no trailers.
May their crotches become infested with a thousand fleas.

Those people should be quickly towed, and I'd support doubling the charges for people like that

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
May their crotches become infested with a thousand fleas.

Those people should be quickly towed, and I'd support doubling the charges for people like that
I debated starting a tow business myself. A half day on Saturday and or Sunday would bring in thr $

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Technically yesterday. We upgraded our boat form a 21 195s (still for sale) to a 24 222 SEOld and new Boat April 24.jpgSE.

Last edited: