• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Add-ons Poll; what do you think

Yamaha 2015-2022 models Jetboats’ Mods (Trim Tabs and low speed maneuverability add-on) are:

• Must Have

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Nice to Have

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Not Needed

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Steering enhancement only - Must have

• Steering enhancement only - Nice to have

• Trim Tabs only - Must Have

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trim Tabs only - Nice to Have

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I just though we hear what the majority of the people think. There are many opinions in the forum; it would be nice to get a feel how important are the trim tabs and low speed maneuverability add-on (thrust vectors, lateral thrusters, cobra fins etc.)

The focus is on the Yamaha jetboats with articulating keel; 2015 onwards. so, lets hear you out :)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
IMO these are two completely different mods to have that serve different roles. Maybe add multiple answers instead of just one. Neither of those are must have mods IMO but everyone is different.

I think trim tabs are a nice mod to have to increase ride quality and handling in certain situations. Fins are a highly debated topic. I don’t think steering mods are necessarily needed but they can help for some. Of the two I’d pick trim tabs over the need for fins. That being said trims tabs on a jet boat only allow the bow to lower, so unfortunately you don’t get the full effect of having trim tabs where you can no only lower the bow but also raise it They do certainly help though despite only going one direction.

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
IMO these are two completely different mods to have that serve different roles. Maybe add multiple answers instead of just one. Neither of those are must have mods IMO but everyone is different.

I think trim tabs are a nice mod to have to increase ride quality and handling in certain situations. Fins are a highly debated topic. I don’t think steering mods are necessarily needed but they can help for some. Of the two I’d pick trim tabs over the need for fins. That being said trims tabs on a jet boat only allow the bow to lower, so unfortunately you don’t get the full effect of having trim tabs where you can no only lower the bow but also raise it They do certainly help though despite only going one direction.
You are right, I slightly modified it. Hope this makes it better.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s all in what your used to. I don’t have trim tabs and haven’t really ever found myself thinking I need them. The slow speed steering fins came on my boat when I bought it. I’m sure if I didn’t have them I’d just get used to the way the boat handled without and it’d be “normal”. They’re both personal preference. Some swear by both and some say you don’t need either or one.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Trim tabs are not going to help in the ocean as tiy don't have the ability to bring the bow up, only push it down whis is not what you want to do with a swell