• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Amazon SeaDeck

Oscarab78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Anyone have any issues with the foam boat decking from amazon?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
If it's the actual Seadek brand, I installed a bunch on my 165 I think it was in 2018. It's been holding up very well. Clean surface is important before sticking it on.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Zero issues. I've purchased 3 separate times, from 3 separate vendors. Make SURE to check out the vendor you're buying from, as well as their return policy. I overbought some, knowing that I might have to send back some pieces, and I chose the vendor with the best return policy. Ended up costing me $8 to return a piece, but it was worth it to not have the excess lying around, as well as the outlay of $70+ for something I'd never need again.

Second what @Luc Lafreniere said, make SURE it's SeaDek branded - there ARE vendors who advertise it as SeaDek, but in looking carefully and checking out reviews, it was some other brand. Reviews showed color differences, as well as finish differences. If they don't spell it out, I wouldn't buy from them.

I've done my whole boat myself, and your prep is going to be the thing that determines your success once you have the correct product. Blades are far cheaper than buying another piece, so switch them often. If you can find a scalpel (or sharpest blade available OTHER than a utility blade), all the better for your final results.

brdweb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I went with the full kit from https://jetboatpilot.com/ last winter. Turned out great. I did take a couple of chips out of the fiberglass when trying to rush getting the old mat off the swim platform. Other than that, no issues at all and everything in the kit fit perfectly.