• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post up your funny MEMES (Nothing Political Please)

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When we bought this house, there was an area that seems like they followed this advice, although they didn't dig a hole. Judging by the area that seemed to be affected, they ran a redneck Jiffy Lube for semi's and every car within a half-mile radius. That advice did seem to pan out - it did get absorbed into the ground. Maybe my kids will be able to put a well in after we pass away, and they'll be thousandaires with what they can pull out of the ground.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@zpaul @drewkaree I'm just old enough to remember doing this with my first cars in my grandfathers driveway. We got the old oil out and the change finished up, and I asked what do we do with this, pointing to the drain pan of the oil in the gravel. He took it, put it in one of those hand sprayers used for gardening, and started coating down the gravel driveway with it. Saying "Helps keep the dust down".

That was almost 30yrs ago, and we've since covered that old driveway in dirt/grass. Those two tracks where everyone drove in gravel and he sprayed oil heavily for decades before me......still show up when the grass doesn't grow well there.

gthorson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I remember 40 years ago being taught that the biggest oil spill in the US is in peoples back yards.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I remember 40 years ago being taught that the biggest oil spill in the US is in peoples back yards.
You don't even want to know how many times I've seen us overflow the dirty oil donut while in port. We'd pump the bilge and dirty oil into this thing and it would never fail, we'd always overflow that sucker leaving a big oil slick on the water.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length