• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Truck Tow Vehicle

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup! Like he said. This has copilot and the 360 camera, dual auto climate control, push button start, wireless android auto, etc. that my old truck didn't have. Aside from hybrid this is about as loaded of an XLT as you can get. I don't want the moonroof with their leaking problems. Salesman has a raptor and it leaks, can't seem to get it fixed. I said eff that noise. 😆

But yeah back in 2018 you could get a top spec XLT for 40k OTD. I probably could have walked away and squeezed some more out of the deal. I tried to get him to throw in a bed liner and tonneau cover. Sales manager said nah, nothing left in the deal for them. I said yeah we all know that ain't true. But anywho, they gave me another $500 off...and said take it or leave it. On the way home from the gym I smelled burning oil, so mine is leaking on something hot. Couldn't see it and said aight.....it's gotta go. Also noticed clear coat coming off on the step bars and one of the wheels. As pampered as that truck is it just isn't holding up after 7 years and 100k miles.

I have a headache. I hate buying cars. 😆

This one will also get the katzkins like mine has eventually. Maybe let the seats wear a bit and then get them installed.
Nice truck. I almost pulled the trigger on one. Price with all the same specs here in Michigan is $53k , with all the same features. I don't get any A/Z plan I also looked at the hybrid as well. Same color. Brother, $60k seems high for that truck. I can do a 2024 for just under that. I have been shopping F-150's exclusively since the last week of December till now. Looks like Ford has too much inventory and they are going to bend the knee on the 2024's pretty good by May or so.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This vehicle here, I could of gotten for $54k. The admiral was hedging and it sold out from under me. It is with the Powerboost.

1710294014448.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
this one here was $53k, put I really wanted the Powerboost.

1710294089405.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
this one was $52k, had the FX4 but not the 360 degree package, which I really wanted. Also check which rear end you have in it.

1710294197864.png

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Boyyyyyy did I not expect that. I talked to the service manager and he said they see more 5.0 for cam phaser issues on the new ones. I said I call BS, but ok. In any event before I get out of my 3 yr 36k mile one I'll hit up.....I think it's Grainger and buy a discounted extended warranty. Finance guy was nice. I said if you want me to spend more money go fight the sales guy. He convinced me to buy a new truck instead of used. He got all my money. 🤣 I never keep that kind of cash on hand for the down payment, so we did all the paperwork today and I transferred money from another bank to my checking account. Will pick it up Thursday.
Granger is awesome. Finance guy was triple the price. Granger sells it for $50 above their cost. Tons of options.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In any event, very nice truck!! I am envious.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice truck. I almost pulled the trigger on one. Price with all the same specs here in Michigan is $53k , with all the same features. I don't get any A/Z plan I also looked at the hybrid as well. Same color. Brother, $60k seems high for that truck. I can do a 2024 for just under that. I have been shopping F-150's exclusively since the last week of December till now. Looks like Ford has too much inventory and they are going to bend the knee on the 2024's pretty good by May or so.
so that price was either or....they'd do the 15k off OR the 1.9% financing. I MAYBE could have squeezed a little more out of a deal if I shopped around. However, I know for certain I would not have gotten what they gave me on my truck. So, really it was a wash in the end. They gave me significantly more than any dealer would have on my trade, and for that they made it up a bit in the sale. Also trucks down south tend to command a high price. Trucks really move down here even in a down economy. They had this one for 77 days and that's pretty long for them. I tried to get them to squeeze more and they eventually wouldn't budge and said take it or leave it. They only had about 5 XLT's and most were powerboost models which I didn't want. We originally started working a deal on a low spec'ed one with the V8 and just the extended tank. I said I really wanted the integrated brake controller and trailer assist. My wife uses that sometimes when she backs the boat in. I hope to go back to that now that the "baby" isn't such a baby anymore. It eventually ended up costing me more in the end, but I got a really high spec'ed truck which will one day help in resale. Also hoping since I'll have this one from day one I can take care of it like I do everything else and maybe it won't be junk. Orrrrrr I could be wrong and it spends all of its time in the shop. They make so many of these one of them is bound to be a lemon and that tends to be my luck. LOL!

It has the 3.55's same as my old truck.
Capture.JPG

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Granger is awesome. Finance guy was triple the price. Granger sells it for $50 above their cost. Tons of options.
I MAYBE could have ordered a truck from Granger and saved another $2500 or so. BUT then I'd have to find a way to pawn my current problem child on someone else that would pay what they did. LOL!

She sure does look good. That paint was immaculate. Now I get to polish this one out. Hopefully they don't do too much damage prepping it. 20240312_143643.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
so that price was either or....they'd do the 15k off OR the 1.9% financing. I MAYBE could have squeezed a little more out of a deal if I shopped around. However, I know for certain I would not have gotten what they gave me on my truck. So, really it was a wash in the end. They gave me significantly more than any dealer would have on my trade, and for that they made it up a bit in the sale. Also trucks down south tend to command a high price. Trucks really move down here even in a down economy. They had this one for 77 days and that's pretty long for them. I tried to get them to squeeze more and they eventually wouldn't budge and said take it or leave it. They only had about 5 XLT's and most were powerboost models which I didn't want. We originally started working a deal on a low spec'ed one with the V8 and just the extended tank. I said I really wanted the integrated brake controller and trailer assist. My wife uses that sometimes when she backs the boat in. I hope to go back to that now that the "baby" isn't such a baby anymore. It eventually ended up costing me more in the end, but I got a really high spec'ed truck which will one day help in resale. Also hoping since I'll have this one from day one I can take care of it like I do everything else and maybe it won't be junk. Orrrrrr I could be wrong and it spends all of its time in the shop. They make so many of these one of them is bound to be a lemon and that tends to be my luck. LOL!

It has the 3.55's same as my old truck.
View attachment 216162
If they gave you more on the trade in then it all works out in the wash. I was going in with nothing down and no trade in to absorb. Keeping my expedition for when I need to seat 8 to the lake. Didn't want to pick up another payment though and that is what the Admiral is holding me off on purchasing. But, I told her I am not paying for a new Expedition. So we are at a stale mate.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If they gave you more on the trade in then it all works out in the wash. I was going in with nothing down and no trade in to absorb. Keeping my expedition for when I need to seat 8 to the lake. Didn't want to pick up another payment though and that is what the Admiral is holding me off on purchasing. But, I told her I am not paying for a new Expedition. So we are at a stale mate.
yeah so I walked out with $8k on my trade after payoff and I put $8k more down. But still that hurts like a sum bitch to have a $600+ car payment. Seems every time I Get something new it's a new high score for a car payment. A record I don't particularly like cause my pay sure as hell ain't going up as fast as these mofo car prices are. Gotta do something about the bed, and put a tonneau cover on it. At least I don't have to put in LED's everywhere. She sure will look good hooked up to the boat.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@suke I am right with you. Lease payment was going to be $478 for 2 years. Only way I was going to consider it so I could have an out with the payment in 2 years. But my Expedition is $550 on a buy and I have a few years left on it. New Expedition Lease would be $1100 and I would break even on mine turning in. Admiral wants to be able to seat 8 for the lakes where you can't show up and park another car. So I have a no win scenario, at least right now. Just put in some new struts all the way around in the Expedition and will keep on going unless something turns up. Really liked the truck though.

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I MAYBE could have ordered a truck from Granger and saved another $2500 or so. BUT then I'd have to find a way to pawn my current problem child on someone else that would pay what they did. LOL!

She sure does look good. That paint was immaculate. Now I get to polish this one out. Hopefully they don't do too much damage prepping it. View attachment 216163
your truck looks gorgeous!!!

I was seriously considering getting from Granger too, but flying to get it and driving 16 hours back put me on a fence. I could get exactly what I wanted but some savings will go to travel.
Ended up getting deeply discounted Lariat with some features I do not care about at 3.9%. That was Ford financing offer and another $1k for trade in. They were trying so hard to sell me no name Berliner for $1100 and tonneau cover for $3,000. Finance guy was frustrated I didn’t go for $10,000 in protection options. I told him if he can match Granger quote for 100k mileage I would go with it. He laughed at me and said there is no way someone will sell me for that price since it is way below his cost. At that point upsell ended.😁
Maybe next time it will be Tremor from Granger 😁

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Trucks
Warranty
Gotcha,

Looks like the same setup as Laura GMC. GIANT dealership that has cracked the "how to buy online" code and is really capitalizing on it.

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Gotcha,

Looks like the same setup as Laura GMC. GIANT dealership that has cracked the "how to buy online" code and is really capitalizing on it.
In my view with all the bells and whistles and electronics on the truck it is worth every penny. I added 1st day rental and enhanced rental.
So if truck is at the dealer I still have something to drive.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 8.28.16 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-13 at 8.31.28 AM.png

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In my view with all the bells and whistles and electronics on the truck it is worth every penny. I added 1st day rental and enhanced rental.
So if truck is at the dealer I still have something to drive.

View attachment 216192View attachment 216193
So, if I'm reading that right, you're getting 100k miles and 7yrs of coverage for $1,395, with a $100 deductible per visit? If it pays and works like a regular bumper-bumper coverage, then that's honestly not bad at all.

I had an extended warranty through a 3rd party on the Sierra. It lasted to 100k miles and 5yrs from purchase. I used it 2 or 3 times, and I think the dealership I bought from paid $1,800 for it back in '17, and I want to say it paid the equivalent of like $5k in shop work. Mostly A/C repairs and some misc. interior bits/pieces were replaced.

*edit*

Just thinking here.....I've averaged 24k miles/yr over the last 3 yrs of Audi ownership. $3,510 worth of coverage wouldn't have quite paid for repairs I've had to make at this point. Might have been close if I had used an Audi Dealership to do them though. Interesting.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This vehicle here, I could of gotten for $54k. The admiral was hedging and it sold out from under me. It is with the Powerboost.

View attachment 216158
I tell you. I don't so much care about the Hybrid portion of the vehicle in general. However, I REALLY like the premise of having a 7.2kW generator on board with you if you opt for the "Pro Power Onboard" option (doesn't look like this one has it). Especially now that I've moved somewhere that gets snow that's measured in feet, and the grid takes a beating each time that happens. Would be really nice to just plug the truck into the house and keep going like normal :D

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So, if I'm reading that right, you're getting 100k miles and 7yrs of coverage for $1,395, with a $100 deductible per visit? If it pays and works like a regular bumper-bumper coverage, then that's honestly not bad at all.

I had an extended warranty through a 3rd party on the Sierra. It lasted to 100k miles and 5yrs from purchase. I used it 2 or 3 times, and I think the dealership I bought from paid $1,800 for it back in '17, and I want to say it paid the equivalent of like $5k in shop work. Mostly A/C repairs and some misc. interior bits/pieces were replaced.

*edit*

Just thinking here.....I've averaged 24k miles/yr over the last 3 yrs of Audi ownership. $3,510 worth of coverage wouldn't have quite paid for repairs I've had to make at this point. Might have been close if I had used an Audi Dealership to do them though. Interesting.
That is right. 7 years or 100k for $1,400.

When I had Geico I had Mechanical Breakdown, that was $70 a year for Highlander, basically $500 for 7 years or 100k with $250 deductible.
Geico was definitely a steal and we used it once to replace steering shaft for $800 with $250 deductible. So that coverage was worth it.
BTW Toyota offered 7 years or 100k for $2,200.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@suke

What/Who is Granger?
An awesome dealer that does like 4-5% under invoice. They'll build you whatever you want to your spec, and have it delivered. I THINK they're in OH. You can choose to go pick up your vehicle too. I've never seen anyone beat them. Trick is you have to build a truck. If you've got time, AND not dealing with a trade in it's an amazing place to get a new truck.