• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What gas price makes you change your boating habits?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I paid $5.19 for premium today. Ugh! $65ish for like 12 gallons of gas. That's a kick in the dick.
Dropped $125 in the 0FsQ7 on Monday for a drive to Detroit from Louisville. Got 27.1mpg on the way up, but the $5.79/gal premium was painful!

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Paid 4.89 to fuel the boat on Sunday, drove past the same station on Monday it was up to 5.09, 57 cents of that price is tax in PA. This gas station used to limit CC to 75.00 per swipe, they are now gracious enough to allow 125.00, still had to swipe the card twice to fill the boat.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dreading the next time we take the boat out because it's on E and the truck is going to be very close to E as well. We'll head over to IA. and fuel up where it's usually .40-.50 cheaper per gallon but it's still going to be around $400 if not more to fill them both up and then hit the Mississippi River for the day.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just filled up in Dearborn,MI this morning. $6.29/gal for 93.

Electric is looking better every day. Even with 26mpg on the way home, it's a sting of a price to fill up.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This morning’s gas price in Tracy, CA. I tried to go to Costco but found the station was closed for renovations which just started this week. My car would have taken more gas but I was limited by the gas station to $100 per card swipe.

it’s true that misery loves company. At least I know gas in Michigan costs just and much or almost as much in CA.
EDECDF8E-69E2-438B-9812-829939087C86.jpeg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Interestingly eastern MD and southern DE have the same gas prices, although MD gas tax is 13 cents more per gallon. It's been a weird week, gas was $4.59 for Memorial weekend, then went up to $4.79 on Tuesday, and then $4.99 by the end of the week. It's a pain in the butt, to fill up as the pumps shut off at $100, and that currently is only 20 gallons in my 33 gallon tank.

Jim

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
YES....these high gas prices suck.
BUT.... the ridiculous credit card limits is worse to me.
have heard various reasons, but come on make the max at least fill up most consumer's vehicles.
i'm looking at 5 transactions to fill up diesel truck and gas boat

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Paid over $100 today…. For a half tank of gas. This is getting ridiculous.

The pump reached its limit and couldn’t bring myself to swipe again.

(Premium gas and 38 gallon tank)

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
YES....these high gas prices suck.
BUT.... the ridiculous credit card limits is worse to me.
have heard various reasons, but come on make the max at least fill up most consumer's vehicles.
i'm looking at 5 transactions to fill up diesel truck and gas boat
It's right at $200 to fill up my truck so I recently called the credit card company to get the limit at the pump to a higher amount and they told me that it's not them, it's the stations limiting the dollar amount.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's right at $200 to fill up my truck so I recently called the credit card company to get the limit at the pump to a higher amount and they told me that it's not them, it's the stations limiting the dollar amount.
That's correct, the station sets the limit on the pumps. Most are increasing them, as folks are bitching.

Costco stopped me at $100, my local station here at the lake stopped me at $175 this week. I filled the Yamaha for $225. $4.59/gallon

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's correct, the station sets the limit on the pumps. Most are increasing them, as folks are bitching.

Costco stopped me at $100, my local station here at the lake stopped me at $175 this week. I filled the Yamaha for $225. $4.59/gallon
I have a couple stations near me that still have $50 limits. Been avoiding them for a few years now. My lower threshold has moved to $100 cutoff now, If they want to limit how much gas I buy, that's on them. I won't swipe twice for daily driver duties.

Also found out that my local Circle K is doing "Premium Thursdays" dropping $0.50/gal off the price of premium on Thursdays. Guess who just got my commuter fuel business?!? Filled up for $5.199/gal his morning on 93. While still VERY high prices, it's better than the $5.699/gal across the street!

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a couple stations near me that still have $50 limits. Been avoiding them for a few years now. My lower threshold has moved to $100 cutoff now, If they want to limit how much gas I buy, that's on them. I won't swipe twice for daily driver duties.

Also found out that my local Circle K is doing "Premium Thursdays" dropping $0.50/gal off the price of premium on Thursdays. Guess who just got my commuter fuel business?!? Filled up for $5.199/gal his morning on 93. While still VERY high prices, it's better than the $5.699/gal across the street!
Damn!!! wishing there was a Circle K near me, as both our vehicles require premium. Thankfully working from home has limited the need to fill up. But driving just over 2 hours to get to the lake house, is adding up. And yes, I know, having a second home is a privilege, and a "first-world" problem.

Hergy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Damn!!! wishing there was a Circle K near me, as both our vehicles require premium. Thankfully working from home has limited the need to fill up. But driving just over 2 hours to get to the lake house, is adding up. And yes, I know, having a second home is a privilege, and a "first-world" problem.
It’s not a privilege if you worked your ass off for it. Everything I have I’ve worked my butt off to earn.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its kind of a tough situation. Im too much money in the boat to not use it.

For me wakeboarding is the majority of my fuel consumption so I'll probably be doing less of that this year but if there is enough interest from friends I have no problem getting it out.
I definitely am done asking people if they want to get out on the water. Its like herding cats these days LOL

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess it has not affected us much as we pull out and fill at the pump (~$4/gal vs. ~$6.50 at the marina) - we have logged over 50 hours already this year.

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just paid 6.19 at marina in Toms River NJ for regular for my boat and VXR…my boat took 130 gallons that sucked!! Then my FX SVHO takes super that is 6.49…not fun weekend to fill up Almost 1000 bucks

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My marina is $8 a gallon now for 87 octane non ethanol.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With gas prices going up than interest rates rising I was afraid boat values mite start coming down. So I sold mine while it was a sellers market. If it wasn't for rising costs of fuel I mite not had been so eager.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With gas prices going up than interest rates rising I was afraid boat values mite start coming down. So I sold mine while it was a sellers market. If it wasn't for rising costs of fuel I mite not had been so eager.
Did you get a great price for your boat