• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What gas price makes you change your boating habits?

Smiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Whoosh, that mileage expense report this month tho!!! Man, I hate to see what summer brings…:p

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
gas prices ? BEER PRICES 😮

attachment - 2022-05-19T132510.678.jpg

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well we all knew this was coming in November 2020. At least the realists did. But who would have thought this high? I figured double prices in two years and it has almost tripled in 18 months and continues to increase with no end in sight.

As predicted in November 2020.

Recently, our president reversed his previous decision by supposedly reopening a portion of federal lands to oil and natural gas development. All good on its face, but it came with a catch. The announcement applied only to 20% of available land. Then, our president immediately moved to shut down about 7 million acres from development in Alaska. Our president is using nothing more than talking point platitudes to address our nation’s problems. Every proposed “solution” to the energy and inflation crisis he has created can be hopefully be undone immediately after the November elections. But the sad thing is, all our president needs wants out of his proposals is the ability to feign an answer to the daily question, “what are you doing to help Americans?” Our president doesn’t care that your family is struggling with record inflation, he’s more concerned about escaping a press conference in one piece. And this just out today, just as the price for gas set a record high, for the third day in a row, the administration shut down another million acres because apparently, his first shut down wasn’t big enough. Literally, I saw gas at my local station at 4.79 Monday, 4.89 Tuesday, 5.09 yesterday, and 5. 39 today. When will it stop?

My question to those smarter than I, is how does gas which was delivered 3 weeks ago to my local station, which is still in the ground at (I think) the price paid 3 weeks ago, continue to increase by leaps and bounds daily, when it is the same gas delivered 3 weeks ago. That, I do not understand. My local station station gets a delivery about every 3 weeks. So why does the price keep jumping day to day when it is the same gas that was delivered 3 weeks ago? Maybe an economist can explain to my simple mind.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just to be clear. That second spot, with the truck and the boat in it.......That's not a barn, that's a minor league soccer stadium you're using for storage :D :D
Funny, It is not THAT big. Only 82'w x 160'L and 40'h. It is useful for the sawmill, storage, working on boats and oh ya, a horse arena. Many mods and repairs done on the Yamaha and MFI in there. It was nice to be able to raise the mast on the O'Day for my wife as she was making a new battened mainsail in the confines of the arena without blowing the boat off the trailer.

20200411_145131.jpg

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Funny, It is not THAT big. Only 82'w x 160'L and 40'h. It is useful for the sawmill, storage, working on boats and oh ya, a horse arena. Many mods and repairs done on the Yamaha and MFI in there. It was nice to be able to raise the mast on the O'Day for my wife as she was making a new battened mainsail in the confines of the arena without blowing the boat off the trailer.

View attachment 178281
You are living right!!!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 178281
I absolutely LOVE that you are calling it the arena......I'm taking credit for that :D :D

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My question to those smarter than I, is how does gas which was delivered 3 weeks ago to my local station, which is still in the ground at (I think) the price paid 3 weeks ago, continue to increase by leaps and bounds daily, when it is the same gas delivered 3 weeks ago. That, I do not understand. My local station station gets a delivery about every 3 weeks. So why does the price keep jumping day to day when it is the same gas that was delivered 3 weeks ago? Maybe an economist can explain to my simple mind.
Pay market price at time of purchase. It's what they did, it's what you do. It works in their favor as it goes up, and your favor as it goes down.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pay market price at time of purchase. It's what they did, it's what you do. It works in their favor as it goes up, and your favor as it goes down.
Makes sense now but the price never seems to go down much here in CA.

I used to know a guy who go was an exec for chevron, ran their CA HQ. Even he was amazed at how many times ownership of crude would change hands while it was in transit on a tanker ship. Bringing it back to the present, my brother works as a fireman/engineer at a refinery here in NCAL. They just had their best year ever and his raise and bonus reflect it.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Makes sense now but the price never seems to go down much here in CA.

I used to know a guy who go was an exec for chevron, ran their CA HQ. Even he was amazed at how many times ownership of crude would change hands while it was in transit on a tanker ship. Bringing it back to the present, my brother works as a fireman/engineer at a refinery here in NCAL. They just had their best year ever and his raise and bonus reflect it.
Yea, profits as a percentage work that way. If you make 2% on $1/gal and make $2% on $6/gal it's the same 2% but it's $.02 before and $0.12 after. So of course profits are up when prices are up......and that's not even being cynical about it!

Double edged sword for me. I just quoted a $4.2mil drying system for the frac sand industry. If gas stays over $3.50/gal or so, then frac-ing is financially viable and businesses want in. This shit is gonna move fast too. I quoted it on Monday, I'm told if we get it I'll have a PO tomorrow and they want delivery by September and operations online by December. It's a super aggressive schedule and money isn't the limiting factor. I'm less than 5% of the total project here.

The downside is I'm considering buying a truck that runs on premium that gets 14mpg on the high side. $5/gal fuel is no bueno on that front!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check this out:

1. the national average price of gas:
B66CD3DF-0070-4462-9751-C11D65546594.png
2. the price I paid (for premium) tonight here in NCal.
DE3DA609-A4F4-44DA-A2F5-8255157D755E.jpeg
no doubt it will hurt when it’s time to fuel the jets, but I will do it anyway, as much as I can. Come on summer!
41984D01-1CFD-4060-83FD-23CF0085EEA0.png
B26A1E6A-E84A-40C4-B5AC-5100261722A1.png

Looking forward to getting back in the water, especially now that I’m moving to within one mile of the Marina soon.
C0C1AA17-06BD-4EC5-83A0-B2D66FE91DF6.png

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well we all knew this was coming in November 2020. At least the realists did. But who would have thought this high? I figured double prices in two years and it has almost tripled in 18 months and continues to increase with no end in sight.

As predicted in November 2020.

Recently, our president reversed his previous decision by supposedly reopening a portion of federal lands to oil and natural gas development. All good on its face, but it came with a catch. The announcement applied only to 20% of available land. Then, our president immediately moved to shut down about 7 million acres from development in Alaska. Our president is using nothing more than talking point platitudes to address our nation’s problems. Every proposed “solution” to the energy and inflation crisis he has created can be hopefully be undone immediately after the November elections. But the sad thing is, all our president needs wants out of his proposals is the ability to feign an answer to the daily question, “what are you doing to help Americans?” Our president doesn’t care that your family is struggling with record inflation, he’s more concerned about escaping a press conference in one piece. And this just out today, just as the price for gas set a record high, for the third day in a row, the administration shut down another million acres because apparently, his first shut down wasn’t big enough. Literally, I saw gas at my local station at 4.79 Monday, 4.89 Tuesday, 5.09 yesterday, and 5. 39 today. When will it stop?

I am in strong agreement with you here and would love to add sooooooooo much more, but unfortunately my comment may start a storm of political debate. The current state of the nation should say it all by itself. Just hope there is an end in sight. (Maybe November) hopeful but not optimistic..

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got close to breaking $100 for a fillup this morning. Missed it by $0.10.

Was under 20mi of range and work is 35mi away. Stopped in the local shop and it was $5.299 for premium. Dropped $20 in and headed towards work. There's a Sams Club right next door, so I stopped in there. $4.799 for Premium. Solid $0.50/gal less. Filled up as I doubt I find it any less expensive anywhere else. $99.90 for a tank of fuel this morning.

Make commuting with an EV seem like an absurdly high value proposition.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There certainly is alot more to say about this, but as you stated @Farny the state of the country speaks for itself and anyone with a modicum of common sense know the reason for the mess we are in.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
One has to understand that there is no U.S. market for oil. It is a world market with prices set on speculation of the future price of oil. The last 5 years the U.S. has been importing about the same amount of petroleum products that we have been exporting. Even if we doubled our oil production, prices wouldn't necessary drop, as there isn't any guarantee that other countries would continue to pump the same amount of oil. This was the whole idea behind OPEC, limit the amount of oil on the whole market so prices stay high.

Jim

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gas could be astronomically higher and i will still boat, jet ski, and motorcycle. I might lose a few more pounds, cause who needs to eat anyway

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
It seems nobody else is planning to limit their usage, but I am. I can afford the increase in fuel like I suspect most here can. But, they can get fucked with these prices. There is no excuse for it. Prices are being raised until people stop buying. Same shit as 2008. I will limit my usage as much as possible. It won’t matter a single bit to anyone but me. But, tubing, wakeboarding, and long cruises will be strictly limited and the pool calling me to take it easy and stay home on a hot day vs. going boating is going to be a lot more enticing. I also may choose to get my fill of the water on the WaveRunner more often than the boat this year.

I’m just really thankful I’m working from home now and no longer burning 25 gallons a week commuting.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's worth noting that when I started this post, premium was 3 bucks by me. I paid 4.70 today for it, same station. Clearly whatever policies for energy were put in place are hurting the average family, yet our ruling elites offer us suggestions like "buy an ev", which is the modern equivalent of "then let them eat cake".

I'm hoping part of this is just a spike in speculation and that as the stock market tanks maybe it'll drive gas down with less capital available to flood futures markets? I've delayed going and moving my boat down from NC to FL this summer (not solely because of this... But definitely a big factor).

Honestly, when I started this poll, I didn't think it'd get this bad price wise.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It's worth noting that when I started this post, premium was 3 bucks by me. I paid 4.70 today for it, same station. Clearly whatever policies for energy were put in place are hurting the average family, yet our ruling elites offer us suggestions like "buy an ev", which is the modern equivalent of "then let them eat cake".

I'm hoping part of this is just a spike in speculation and that as the stock market tanks maybe it'll drive gas down with less capital available to flood futures markets? I've delayed going and moving my boat down from NC to FL this summer (not solely because of this... But definitely a big factor).

Honestly, when I started this poll, I didn't think it'd get this bad price wise.
I paid $5.19 for premium today. Ugh! $65ish for like 12 gallons of gas. That's a kick in the dick.