• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What gas price makes you change your boating habits?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It will not change our boating frequency from last year one bit. I/we do give a shit. The only thing that will change is which car we take to the marina. Most likely the Subaru or the EV she is looking at, instead of the truck. My fuel is mostly free.
And if we can't afford fuel for the car to get to the marina...We will saddle up the horses if the marina gives us a parking spot. Gonna get there one way or another. lol

20220320_111401.jpg

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you looked at what it costs to feed a horse? The cost per mile is pretty high.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have you looked at what it costs to feed a horse? The cost per mile is pretty high.
We have owned two horses for the last 15 years...VERY aware of their cost. :banghead: :winkingthumbsup" They are the root cause for me building these barns.

20210513_113110.jpg

20211226_113332.jpg

20181101_123400.png

20170203_112043.jpg

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Current gas prices are $3.99/gallon here in Delaware.

Staying the week in Ocean City, MD, (as we are getting our new home ready) and thanks to a 30-day gas tax holiday (March 19th - April 16th) in Maryland, gas is currently priced at $3.63/gallon.

Nice to have a big gas tank on the Ram, and the savings pays for my lunch!

Jim

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No change in boating habits. Any price crunch will be fealt by my heirs.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have owned two horses for the last 15 years...VERY aware of their cost. :banghead: :winkingthumbsup" They are the root cause for me building these barns.
lol fully understand the cost of horses... my youngest daughter likes Warm Bloods... last was a Belgian/Arabian, currently 16 1/2 1400lbs Clydesdale/Morgan Mare... she is Big and she knows it...

attachment.jpg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Other than California or other coastlines, I am seeing an average of $3.50-$3.89/gallon across the country. I paid $3.64 at Costco last week and see it still hovering within $.05 of that. Sure, I like $2/gallon gas, but it's not as insane as folks have reported in our region yet.

So is it just the crazy coastline folks that are getting punished with high gas prices? Or are they just not reporting it on Gas Buddy, as I don't see it yet.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Other than California or other coastlines, I am seeing an average of $3.50-$3.89/gallon across the country. I paid $3.64 at Costco last week and see it still hovering within $.05 of that. Sure, I like $2/gallon gas, but it's not as insane as folks have reported in our region yet.

So is it just the crazy coastline folks that are getting punished with high gas prices? Or are they just not reporting it on Gas Buddy, as I don't see it yet.
We're still at $4.19 here in NW Illinois. Came down from $4.59 about 2 weeks ago.
We go to Iowa once a week due to gymnastics for the daughter and fill up over there where it's usually about $.50 cheaper than Illinois.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We're still at $4.19 here in NW Illinois. Came down from $4.59 about 2 weeks ago.
We go to Iowa once a week due to gymnastics for the daughter and fill up over there where it's usually about $.50 cheaper than Illinois.
You will not finder it cheaper than 3.99 here in Indianapolis either, and up to 4.25 in the suburbs.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You will not finder it cheaper than 3.99 here in Indianapolis either, and up to 4.25 in the suburbs.
Looks like Gas Buddy is pretty accurate then. Only the warehouse clubs in the Indy area are down in the $3.67/$3.69 range. So you guys are about the same as the average. It's not $7/gallon, thats for sure.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I had to travel to Annapolis this morning, so I filled up on the way home at the last big gas station in Maryland before entering Delaware. Maryland is still in a 30 day gas tax holiday so gas is about 30 cents a gallon cheaper than normal. Filled up at $3.69, while in Delaware prices are currently $3.99 almost everywhere. (We normally have the same gas prices in DE and in MD.)

Jim

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Found $3.51 last week in GA at a Sam's club.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw $3.89 at a couple of gas stations today.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Marina Gas prices in pesos/liter in Cabo San Lucas today. 47 foot private day charter did not charge us extra. The 20 foot itis my wife got may cost me though ;-)

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Marina Gas prices in pesos/liter in Cabo San Lucas today. 47 foot private day charter did not charge us extra. The 20 foot itis my wife got may cost me though ;-)
Haven't seen you around in a while. Figured you sold the boat.

Hergy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Curious about this, as with fuel prices rising, what's your break point where you go out on the water less?

I got used to 2 to 3 dollar a gallon prices, so the thought of filling up at 4 to 5 bucks a gallon is... Painful. So what's your break point where you don't go on that trip or don't go out as many weekends?
We just bought a new boat and plan to be on the water as much as we can this summer. For us it’s not just the cost of fuel running the boat, but also getting to the water. It’s an hour half to get to the lake we like, and that is doing 70 mph. Make that trip a couple times a month and it starts to add up. Unfortunately the higher the octane the higher the cost and our boat likes high octane fuel. We probably won’t cruise as much, but having the boat on the water floating is much better than having it on land! We’ll just have to conserve a little until Biden is out of office!

Hergy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
None for me, I do a couple laps around the lake and then anchor down. And the lakes in Indiana are not big to begin with so a full tank lasts me 3 to 4 outings
Come down to Dale Hollow in Kentucky! You’ll love it!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$4.499 per gallon near my house in SE WI. Seems like $4.299 - $4.399 is the more mainstream stations’ pricing in Milwaukee area. Spent $62 filling my Accord the other day. Ouch.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think most people will just get used to paying a high price for gas even after the war in Ukraine is over. Here in CA if the price was $4.50 most of us would be quite happy, since most of us have not seen that price in a while but once upon a time it was the average price we paid for months or years.

my wife is looking for a hybrid car to help reduce her fuel costs but we are not getting rid of her current car or any of our gas powered vehicles just because they costs more to operate. Im also not seeing or reading about people or members here selling their boats and pwcs due to high fuel prices. Most of the used prices I see are still very high but with summer fast approaching and the temps climbing the new and used market is hotter than ever. The supercharged powered pwcs require high octane fuel. I’ve been paying $6 per gallon for weeks of not months now but my local dealer has no supercharged pwcs and few non supercharged pwcs in stock, most are sold before the dealer takes delivery.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length