• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why did the pump housing change

kurtina2016

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had to order a new pump housing do to wear. When I took it apart I had a separate housing for the impeller, no wear ring on my model. 2018 SX195. I received a new housing from Yamaha with a new housing that has a wear ring. It is both pieces in one now. Has anyone encountered this? I just wanted the impeller side since that was the only thing that needed to be replaced. I now have to take the shaft and bearings out of the old and put into the new. I need some help with this and would greatly appreciate any info you may have. I have attached pics of my old housing (6075 and 6076 jpg) and the new housing sent in replacement (6077 jpg)

Attachments

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had to order a new pump housing do to wear. When I took it apart I had a separate housing for the impeller, no wear ring on my model. 2018 SX195. I received a new housing from Yamaha with a new housing that has a wear ring. It is both pieces in one now. Has anyone encountered this? I just wanted the impeller side since that was the only thing that needed to be replaced. I now have to take the shaft and bearings out of the old and put into the new. I need some help with this and would greatly appreciate any info you may have. I have attached pics of my old housing (6075 and 6076 jpg) and the new housing sent in replacement (6077 jpg)
From my own experience, they changed one of the housing designs in 2019. My AR210 that year had the new design, but the 212X had the old one. I'm not certain which other models they're doing this swap for, as a few forum members have shown their newer models have those as well. My guess is that there's some issue with a supplier, or the design is less costly and they seem to be moving towards that version.

Are you certain that the part number was the correct one ordered, as usually they mention something about a new part number superseding the old one, and don't just ship you one that would require such drastic changes on your part. They've never failed to mention something like this with their oil filters or other parts, and this happens all the time with car parts as well. Can you hold off until you can call them and tell them the situation and get the correct part shipped, or perhaps check with another supplier for the one you need, and not the "improved" version?

kurtina2016

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From my own experience, they changed one of the housing designs in 2019. My AR210 that year had the new design, but the 212X had the old one. I'm not certain which other models they're doing this swap for, as a few forum members have shown their newer models have those as well. My guess is that there's some issue with a supplier, or the design is less costly and they seem to be moving towards that version.

Are you certain that the part number was the correct one ordered, as usually they mention something about a new part number superseding the old one, and don't just ship you one that would require such drastic changes on your part. They've never failed to mention something like this with their oil filters or other parts, and this happens all the time with car parts as well. Can you hold off until you can call them and tell them the situation and get the correct part shipped, or perhaps check with another supplier for the one you need, and not the "improved" version?
Thank you for the reply. When ordering the housing from a Yamaha dealer it was the only option available and said it replaced the pump housing. I was curious why they made it one piece? Now having the 2 piece housings I will need some extra parts to put the 1 piece on my boat.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for the reply. When ordering the housing from a Yamaha dealer it was the only option available and said it replaced the pump housing. I was curious why they made it one piece? Now having the 2 piece housings I will need some extra parts to put the 1 piece on my boat.
I wish you luck with the changeover. Not sure if you called a few different parts houses, if they'd know the difference, but at least they could describe it to you, so you could keep it OEM-ish.

Does Amazon have it? They usually have a decent Pic of the item