• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Weed Clearing Tool

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'm thinking I should patent this. Works amazingly well to clear weed clogs from intake. Was necessary to find this exact model as the first couple of tries did not seal and did not have enough umph to pressurize and blow out.

Attachments

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Dude.... that is a freaking awesome idea! :winkingthumbsup"

I was just thinging about what I could use to force air through the pump to clear flexible debris.

Can you post where you bought that sucker???????????

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
It is a Korky beehive. Purchased at Ace hardware, and it is similar to this one on amazon (I don't have the adjustable handle version).

1693918952902.png

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Perfect…… it’s in my cart now!

Thanks again for sharing!!! 👍

I think this could also work if weeds or a plastic bag got into the impeller. You could open the buckets... jump in the water... and then force water backwards through the pump. Sort of like backing up and shutting off the engines with the buckets open.

Last edited:

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How does this compare to the reverse move which doesn't require opening the clean outs? I usually just have the sargassam that hangs onto the intake grate.

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I find this shockingly helps a bunch. much better than the 'reverse' approach in my experience

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
https://jetboaters.net/threads/easy-way-to-clean-debris-out-of-your-jet-pump-without-pulling-plugs-or-going-in-the-water.16/page-2#post-249909 I also have designs for the intake grates to avoid most of the weeds without compromising the water flow but I keep it secret so it is patentable. I see people go on Facebook talking about something they want to patent and actually shoot themselves in the foot because when they post pictures of it or sell it or offer it for sale it is no longer eligible for a patent if they did it before they applied for the patent

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
https://jetboaters.net/threads/easy-way-to-clean-debris-out-of-your-jet-pump-without-pulling-plugs-or-going-in-the-water.16/page-2#post-249909 I also have designs for the intake grates to avoid most of the weeds without compromising the water flow but I keep it secret so it is patentable. I see people go on Facebook talking about something they want to patent and actually shoot themselves in the foot because when they post pictures of it or sell it or offer it for sale it is no longer eligible for a patent if they did it before they applied for the patent
Of course. ‘Patent it’ was said tongue in cheek. It’s a marketed plunger for heavens sake! It’s use is to plunge. Nothing new.
Good luck on your new intake designs, and let me know if you’d like some help with real world trials. I’ll sign a CDA.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Of course. ‘Patent it’ was said tongue in cheek. It’s a marketed plunger for heavens sake! It’s use is to plunge. Nothing new.
Good luck on your new intake designs, and let me know if you’d like some help with real world trials. I’ll sign a CDA.
yes I knew it was and so was my reply with the exception of the part about revealing things that you wish to patent and it was not meant for you but a fool that is about to learn the hard way, on another web site. all the years of being on these web pages I have learned things have a way of traveling from one to another.