• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

08-10 vs 12- motor numbers

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I am hoping these numbers aren't included in the 4stroke difference thread. I do not know how to open .XLS files on android. Haven't used a laptop in years. Screenshot 35-50 is the 08-10 MR-1
Screenshot 22-41 is the 12-current 1.8

If this info is in the .XLS file I apologize. Just trying to contribute and fill my knowledge bucket before my purchase.

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for posting this, what I find confusing is that the 1052 cc mr1s are quiter at 10,200 rpm than the 1.8 liter engines at 7,800 rpm. I've had both engines/boats and distinctly recall a high pitched whine in the mr1s at wot which is not the case with the 1.8 liter engines.

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I see pictures of what looks like carpet in the engine bay of the Mr1's. Is it soundproofing?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The side walls are carpeted with very thin material, I don't think it is sound proofing but more of a decorative / finished look material. There is some black egg crate like foam under the hatch that is less than 1/2" thick and more on the part that makes up the front bottom wall of the hatch that is about 1" thick but that is about it.