• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

09 212ss galvanized trailer brake fluid plug......

ltw77

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I didn't see anything too specific on this topic on either board so here goes. I pryed the resevoir plug up per instructions clearly molded on the plug itself. Topped off the fluid and now for the fun part, getting it BACK in the hole that is partially blocked by some ridiculous metal part seemingly for no good reason! So after alot of force and twisting and prying w/a small flathead screwdriver trying to get it in, I cracked the plug. I could have probably gotten away with it but I knew it wasn't right so I pulled it back out. I will be tracking a new down in the next couple days but my concern is, am I missing something or is it just supposed to pop back in place??

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I got one for ya. Message me.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My brake resevoir has two plastic covers so I am no help there. As for the ridiculous metal part, is it possible it slides out of the way when pulling the tongue to it's fully extended position? Pictures would help.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am assuming what he is speaking of is were the slide for the trailer brake has slid past the resavoir opening. Happens while backing up the trailer. Just hook up the trailer and move the tow vehicle forward till you feel the trailer tug. Now your wide open to the filler cap again.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am assuming what he is speaking of is were the slide for the trailer brake has slid past the resavoir opening. Happens while backing up the trailer. Just hook up the trailer and move the tow vehicle forward till you feel the trailer tug. Now your wide open to the filler cap again.
Thats what I was thinking. He should be able to pull it forward by hand without even hooking up.

ltw77

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
SWEET! I should have asked before I started fiddling around breaking stuff. A buddy has a spare plug that hopefully is the same as mine. I'll have to hook up the trailer and pull forward and check it out. I always end up working on the boat/trailer in the garage, which with my luck would be after backing it in after the last outing! Thanks alot everyone, as usual the collective here is priceless!!!