• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1.8 plug change intervals

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
How often do the 1.8s require plug changes. I know the other motors are a bit finicky about plugs.

I've got about 70 hours on the original plugs so far and still runs fine. I did buy a set and will probably change before the weekend just to see if I can see a difference.

I have 83 hrs. This is my second summer and havent changed them yet or experienced any issues. Ill change them after this season, probably every two seasons.

225 hours on my plugs. Annually check, clean, adjust as per manual. However I have yet to make any adjustments to them, they are perfect.

I change mine at the beginning of each season when I change the oil.

I had just under 200 hours on my original plugs, I just changed them to platinum plugs last week, I do see an improvement at idle, the original plugs always had a bit of a rough idle now it is a lot smoother. Most important thing you can do to your plugs is never seize them from day one, I always do and I never have issues removing them.

@Cobra Jet Steering LLC which plugs did you go with? Are they in a 1.8? My dealer replaced mine at 10 hours, had a very smooth idle back, now after a dozen hours on the new plugs, I am getting a rougher idle again. I am curious how long that lasts with the platinums.

yea it is the 1.8 I just posted the make and number on another thread about v plugs a few days ago but I don't remember the number off the top of my head I was looking for n g k but I ended up with motor craft plugs from O'rileys for less than 5 bucks each

this was what I posted on the other thread

those are nickel plugs and the same heat range and throw as the stock plugs so they will work no problem, the ones I was looking for ended up not being a N G K but an Autolite double platinum fine wire plug APP5325 same cost 4.50 each. http://www.autolitecatalog.com/PartDetail.aspx?b=A&pn=APP5325 shows the Yamaha application for pwc and boat engines on the app 5325 plug . got them at Oreilly auto parts.

Back