• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1.8L Engine Spark Plugs *Smoking Deal*

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I had a discussion with @txav8r the other night with regards to the LF6RA Plugs and the price. I thought the price of $4.32 ea was too good to be true. I ordered them and they just came in today. They are the real deal for almost half price.

Sold in packs of 10, $52.10 shipped.

http://www.race-mart.com/NGK-NGK-LFR6A.html

image.jpg image.jpg

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
How many do you need per engine?

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ordered, thanks

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
The -11's are not the correct plugs. I made this mistake last year.

image.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just to help with this more as I don't see it in the quote above...I actually talked with NGK's tech department about the difference in the straight LFR6A and the LFR6A-11. NGK says if you gap a -11 to the tolerance we need for our engines, it will risk breaking at the weld. I know, I know, many guys have bought the plug thinking it is the same for less money. Maybe that is why they are now pricing both similarly. But don't use the -11...it could cost you $10K for an engine if an electrode breaks off in the cylinder head.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Looking into buying plugs again this year and my great deal from last year no longer exists. I found these LFR6A (not -11's) for a great price. The stock number is identical (6668) as the yellow box ones as the picture above. Not sure if the "v-Power" makes them any different but i'm going to buy them and inspect to see if there is any difference.

http://www.sixityauto.com/6-pc-6-x-ngk-6668-v-power-spark-plugs-6668-lfr6a-tune-up-kit-set.html?gdftrk=gdfV28089_a_7c2660_a_7c11105_a_7c9024136668&gclid=Cj0KEQiAlO20BRCcieCSncPlqqMBEiQAOZGMnBoHFwm05rKe7pI7w3iG09MjRnnOlF0IsAffvrFOjCEaAhJv8P8HAQ

Sold in packs of 6. With the $5 off coupon when you go to their site for the first time it comes to $25.82 shipped.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nuts! They say "out of stock" now...

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe You had me puzzled as to why you had a ~1986 Dodge K car inside of your house. Then I figured out it is your oven/range!! Lol.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Whoa... p.o.'d that I missed this so I started looking around.
I looked at Amazon the other day and they were full price. Today? $3.69 with free shipping for Prime.
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RMCB7A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Sorry @GiddYupJoe!
Nice find @msavold! My method only worked if you had a couple left over from last year anyway (came in 6 packs). I'm sure this amazon seller will be out soon so hurry up and grabbem' fellas, summarization is right around the corner.

@Murf'n'surf didn't you drive a K one time in your life, if I remember correctly?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice find @msavold! My method only worked if you had a couple left over from last year anyway (came in 6 packs). I'm sure this amazon seller will be out soon so hurry up and grabbem' fellas, summarization is right around the corner.

@Murf'n'surf didn't you drive a K one time in your life, if I remember correctly?
That was my first car! 1986 Aries K car.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Looking into buying plugs again this year and my great deal from last year no longer exists. I found these LFR6A (not -11's) for a great price. The stock number is identical (6668) as the yellow box ones as the picture above. Not sure if the "v-Power" makes them any different but i'm going to buy them and inspect to see if there is any difference.

http://www.sixityauto.com/6-pc-6-x-ngk-6668-v-power-spark-plugs-6668-lfr6a-tune-up-kit-set.html?gdftrk=gdfV28089_a_7c2660_a_7c11105_a_7c9024136668&gclid=Cj0KEQiAlO20BRCcieCSncPlqqMBEiQAOZGMnBoHFwm05rKe7pI7w3iG09MjRnnOlF0IsAffvrFOjCEaAhJv8P8HAQ

Sold in packs of 6. With the $5 off coupon when you go to their site for the first time it comes to $25.82 shipped.
Just came in today. If they are ever in stock again they are the correct ones.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great find @msavold I bought another 12 @ $3.69 ea... Just couldn't pass up that price. I now have 20 spark plugs in my garage. :confused:

I think I might have an Amazon problem. :(

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Amazon is all over the map on these. I put in 8 at $3.69, came back later and they were still in my cart but the price was $13.14 each! Just went there now and they are $8.09 each.

Philip

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just came in today. If they are ever in stock again they are the correct ones.

I seen these plugs in eBay for 40 bucks set of 8. They are the correct ones ?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
As long as they don't say -11 and they do say 6668 ou should be good to go.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, those are the right numbers.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Yes. They will likely come to you in a package that looks different than that but those are the correct ones. Good find.