• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

$10 DIY Shore Spike Anchor

CaptRedbeard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Go ahead, call me a tight ass but I was struggling with the idea of spending $90 on a slide anchor. Picked up 2’ of 1/2” allthread, a coupler, and an eye bolt and made myself a <$10 shore anchor. Tried it out 4 different times up to ~3 hours at a time this weekend and worked great. Only downside is I had to bring along a hammer to tap it into the sandy beach.

We boat in freshwater, but I’d imagine that the zinc plated parts will start to rust eventually. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Attachments

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Maybe tether a plastic or rubber mallet to it so you always have something there in case you have to re set it.