• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Let's talk: Slide Anchor On/ Off Shore Spike

They are the Mantus anchors. I teemed up with Mantus Marine and I now sale all of their products. You can see pictures, videos, etc of their anchors on my website. www.GetAGripAnchors.com

I have been hooked on these anchors since the first day I had one.

On our Yamaha I've been using the slide anchor shore spike for years and I love it. I loved it so much I bought the largest one that they offer for our aft cabin cruiser. It worked great to a certain point. High winds to our stern and/or multiple boats tied together it didn't hold well. In this go around with our Express I've gone with a Fortress FX-16 as a stern anchor. It's lightweight aluminum so it's easier to handle then the extra large spike and it has superior holding power in the sand of Texoma.

The Mantus anchors work very well too! I've seen them in action and I'm a believer. I wanted large and lightweight for my needs for the cruiser or else I would have gotten one.

Hope to see y'all on the lake this summer so we can compare toys!

Do you guys use chain with your box anchors?
Nope. Works great without it. I normally use a baby box anchor to hold my 21 footer.

Box anchor with rope off the bow, slide anchor and bungee cord off the stern. 2017 was my first season of boating but I found out quickly this is an awesome combo. I have both anchors using danik hooks so it’s super easy to asjust

I use a box anchor off the bow and a shore spike off the stern. Both work well but are a pain to move around the boat and store. I was going to mount my shore spike in the clean out hatch as shown, I don't have much room so it really needs to go where I have it shown in the photo. I was going to rig some type of strap, like a battery strap...don't have room for the rubber straps I have seen others use. I was going to put the anchor line as shown inIMG_4994[1].JPGside one of the clean out ports.....before I go about doing this, is there anything I am not thinking about that will be a problem or issue with this layout?

I use a box anchor off the bow and a shore spike off the stern. Both work well but are a pain to move around the boat and store. I was going to mount my shore spike in the clean out hatch as shown, I don't have much room so it really needs to go where I have it shown in the photo. I was going to rig some type of strap, like a battery strap...don't have room for the rubber straps I have seen others use. I was going to put the anchor line as shown inView attachment 183749side one of the clean out ports.....before I go about doing this, is there anything I am not thinking about that will be a problem or issue with this layout?

I only see two problems with that. First is that it will absolutely slide and bounce around - you have room to screw down a 'quick fist' type clamp into the access cover. The second problem, and why I generally don't like that location, is that now you have to open that hatch to retrieve and store your spike - if its windy, or you're dealing with tide/current, its less than ideal to have to shut your motor down before the boat is secured - but this may not be an issue in calm lakes.

I use a box anchor off the bow and a shore spike off the stern. Both work well but are a pain to move around the boat and store. I was going to mount my shore spike in the clean out hatch as shown, I don't have much room so it really needs to go where I have it shown in the photo. I was going to rig some type of strap, like a battery strap...don't have room for the rubber straps I have seen others use. I was going to put the anchor line as shown inView attachment 183749side one of the clean out ports.....before I go about doing this, is there anything I am not thinking about that will be a problem or issue with this layout?
Slide anchor brand will fit your boat with the rubber quick fist mounts.

3D93CA04-CA65-4821-8BA0-8C403E57D96F.jpeg

The one I have is just a little too big to fit there, only place it fits is where my photo shows and that is really tight as well. I can make it work, just need to rig something that will fit. Thanks!

The one I have is just a little too big to fit there, only place it fits is where my photo shows and that is really tight as well. I can make it work, just need to rig something that will fit. Thanks!
Ya that one looks like it has a thick handle. Might be easier to swap the $80 anchor than rig the $40k boat to fit it.

Back