• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

10 Hour Service for 2016 Yamaha 242 LSE

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
OK, so I am due for my 10 hour service on my 2016. In fact I am a bit overdue, but I digress. After looking at the maintenance schedule and the owners manual, both state the only thing to change is the oil. No mention of the Oil filter, adding bearing grease, etc. Has this changed from previous models? I thought I remember reading that you change the oil, oil filter, add bearing grease, and maybe a couple other things. Am I missing something?

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
OK, so I am due for my 10 hour service on my 2016. In fact I am a bit overdue, but I digress. After looking at the maintenance schedule and the owners manual, both state the only thing to change is the oil. No mention of the Oil filter, adding bearing grease, etc. Has this changed from previous models? I thought I remember reading that you change the oil, oil filter, add bearing grease, and maybe a couple other things. Am I missing something?
My 10 hour service also includes spark plugs.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The manual for the 19' show to change to spark plugs, grease the bearing housing, change the engine oil, and check nuts and bolts. I pretty sure it's the same for the 21' and 24' twin 1.8s

I didn't change my spark plugs at my 10 hour, I checked them and they were still like new.
Capture.JPG

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Grease the bearings? Can someone describe this in greater detail? What grease to use and where to apply?

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you change the oil you need to change the filter too. I bought the Yamaha watercraft ii oil change kit x 2 when I did my 10 hour service on my 17' ar240. Also greese all pivot points and house bearing.
Screenshot_20170716-094343.png
Screenshot_20170716-094401.png

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Grease the bearings? Can someone describe this in greater detail? What grease to use and where to apply?
Yes you add grease to the intermediate hearing housing for each motor. It's in your manual. Lots of threads on it here.

If you can find the Yamalube marine grade A grease that is what the manual calls for. It's like super rare to find it local to me but this is what it looks like https://jetboaters.net/threads/i-think-i-found-the-epnoc-grease.12985/#post-226050. Like many others I couldn't find it locally so I went with a blue aluminum complex grease https://jetboaters.net/threads/question-about-bearing-grease-for-10-hr.10977/. You will need a grease gun and it should tell you how much it squeezes out per pump then you do the calculation to determine how many pumps for you 1.18 oz of grease to add or when you feel it get harder to squeeze, whichever comes first.

Last edited: