• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

100 Fast & Easy Boat Improvements by Don Casey

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Haven't read it. Looks like it could end up costing you a lot of $ in future upgrades though. This site is expensive enough!!!

I have Don Casey's "This Old Boat." He is an excellent writer, very knowledgeable sailor, and a fearless do-it-yourself-er. (One of the latter chapters explains how to make your own sails.)

I suspect you'll find most of the projects in the book you're looking at are geared towards cruising sailboats and live-aboard folks, but I'm sure there are a few ideas in there that could be adapted to our boats.

That said, his stuff is just plain interesting to read. He's got some great ideas and gives clear instructions to implement them. You may never actually do the specific project, but it gets the creative gears turning.

@biglar155 hit it on the head. Don Casey is as sharp as they get with boat systems. etc and most stuff is geared for liveaboard. I have not read his books but have read articles by him. Good stuff for sure.

Back