• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

13' sx210 top speed

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't seem to be hitting anywhere near top speed. I thin Yamaha advertises near 50 so 45 to 48 would be more realistic. I only get 36-38 and maybe 40 at about 8k rpms. Could it just be a simple throttle adjustment? Cables not letting sensor see wide open throttle? Boat is currently about half tank with wife myself and two kids(2 and 7).

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We just had this come up with a 13 AR210, he seems to be getting around the same as you but he is at a high elevation, how many hours on your boat?? From what was discussed on the other post this model is underpowered, with you being in Illinois I don't see elevation as an issue for you, check your plugs and filters for oil. If you still have low hours it may get better after break in.

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
11.5 hours. New plugs this year. Old weren't that dirty and filter seemed clean.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
It could be you just need a little more hours on it, it can't hurt to check the throttle though..

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Why would the hours matter? Pre programmed limiter? Forgive my ignorance...

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Sometimes they just run better after being "broke in" everything gets seated and worn in.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The 210 is more underpowered than the 230/240 and about like the 190. It won't set any speed records but it is still a great value in a boat. It will be more quickly affected however than a 240 will by other factors, such as loading, bimini being up, wind, waves, or elevation. The bimini is a huge amount of resistance, and there is a speed limit with them up anyway of 45mph. Always consider the wind in the 45mph restriction. Going into a 15 mph headwind at 45mph means your hitting the bimini with 60mph! It will take a toll. But it will also slow you down a bunch. If you get a good hole shot, and it cruises well, the speedo lies and isn't accurate. Get a gps speed on it off a phone app or something. But don't expect better than low 40's routinely when pretty empty. If your loaded, 40 may be tops on smooth water.

MNdrifter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Man... not to add to your pain, but 36-38 stinks. :( If you can find a used 212, even the '08-09, they're a really strong option. Mine is still in basically new condition and for right around $30k or a little under you get the SS and its speed and upgrades. Five seasons in, I still can't find a boat I want more.

Well, for less than a few hundred grand that is :p

New is hassle free though which is nice.

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I adjusted the throttle cables. They both had about 18" of travel left in them. Havent been on water yet though.

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pumps and hose, did the adjustment make any difference.

I also have a '13 sx210 and love it but the top end is not what I was use to out of my 5.0 And 5.7L I/Os. The hole shot is great but tops out at 42-44 on GPS with minimal load and canopy up. 46 record w Bimini down and just me. I cruise at 31-33mph at 7,200 rpm. The speedo always registers about 5mph less than the gps. I Changed to Iradium (sp?) plugs which seemed to make a slight difference for the first month or so after changing but then seems the same.

I don't need to go any faster and it wasn't worth the extra $15k for the SS but it is definitely slower than expected and advertised. The top speed is the ONLY thing I miss about my I/Os.

I'd be interested in any performance upgrades others have tried.

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bacchus_fl sorry took so long to reply but no difference was noted. now that warranty is up im going to open up the intake and exhaust a bit similar to the what gets done to quite a few of the vx watercraft (same engines).

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't seem to be hitting anywhere near top speed. I thin Yamaha advertises near 50 so 45 to 48 would be more realistic. I only get 36-38 and maybe 40 at about 8k rpms. Could it just be a simple throttle adjustment? Cables not letting sensor see wide open throttle? Boat is currently about half tank with wife myself and two kids(2 and 7).
I've never seen Yamaha advertise any particular top speed for the 210s. I have a different model year - 2011 - fastest I've ever seen on gps is right at 47. Speedo showed the same. I've seen 50 on the speedo once when out on the boat alone in cool temps and on glass smooth water. With the family and extra kids on board, the bimini up, a bit of boat chop on the water and the air temp in the 90s, I rarely see above 42 or so. Fast enough for us, as we prefer to cruise at around 30 or so.