• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

16 AR192 engine mods (tuner worth it?)

DBMainiac

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hi Guys,

Sitting here on this cyber Monday, looking over the frozen lake, and thinking about improving performance of my boat. I plan on buying the delete ring and trying to figure out the ribbon delete in the spring, +/- the snorkel removal. But there are sales right now on plugnplay tuners that can be used to improve both performance and fuel efficiency on Jetskis, and i'm assuming full size boats as well (it is the same motor afterall.) Does anyone have any experience with these? Good, Bad, worth the money? Its a cheap upgrade if it does anything, but I also do want to blow my boat up or damage anything.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tunes are tricky because they increase stress beyond original design. These things are hard to prove out long term.

If you are after better low and miss range performance and willing to loose a little top speed perhaps a less risky mod is a less aggressive impeller?

Best of luck. I think knowing your goals would help (is it top speed only?) faster acceleration? Lower planning speed? Etc?

DBMainiac

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Tunes are tricky because they increase stress beyond original design. These things are hard to prove out long term.

If you are after better low and miss range performance and willing to loose a little top speed perhaps a less risky mod is a less aggressive impeller?

Best of luck. I think knowing your goals would help (is it top speed only?) faster acceleration? Lower planning speed? Etc?
I actually don't mind the low speed acceleration. I currently have a CJS Viper and a L13 cone installed. I do hit the rev limiter for 2 seconds from idle to WOT, but its hard for me to believe such a new boat is getting any air around the grate, but I'll try to more thoroughly inspect it when it comes out of storage. Top speed is actually more desirable than acceleration. Accept when I have 5 people in the boat and an inexperienced 240 lbs wakeboarder trying to get up, Ive never had an issue with the accel from 0-35. Its that last 10 mph accel and the overall top speed I'd like to improve.