• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

RIVA PERFORMANCE UPGRADE QUESTIONS

sac36555

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys- I’m purchasing a 2016 AR240 with 50hrs on it in immaculate condition. We are going to be using it for water sports including surfing as well as occasionally driving it in Lake Tahoe that’s around 6000ft elevation.

I’m looking to do some performance mods to improve the low and midrange power of the boat. I don’t really care about improving top speed, but would like to keep it similar to stock if possible.

I’m definitely buying the Riva ribbon delete and the Riva high performance air filter/engine breather kit. I was undecided about some other mods including a solas impeller, Riva Waterbox, Rivahigh flow exhaust, and the MapTunerX ecu reflash.

Do any of you have any experience with these upgrades? If so, how did they work out for you? We’re some of them worth the price and others not worth it?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FWIW,

From everything that I’ve seen so far, the ribbon delete isn’t worth it, just get their K&N style air filter. I’ve never seen any dyno tests showing results of the ribbon delete making the engine make more hp on its own. I have verified with back to back runs on my local lake at 5000’ that the RIVA K&N style filters picked up 150-200 rpms Vs the OEM papers ones.

The biggest bang for your buck will be a set of high altitude impellers when going up to 6000’ msl at LT. Density using the forecast temp of 94* this coming weekend will put the density altitude at 9222’ so 25% hp loss. Which will result in the engines not getting anywhere near rated rpms.

My suggestion to you before you start throwing all kinds of dollars at your pristine new boat you go and use it at your local lake, I’m assuming it is down the hill from LT? See if you get 7400-7500 rpms out of the engines, that’s max rpms I think on the 1.8’s. Then take it up to LT and see how it performs. By doing this you will have a bench mark or starting point to verify what you have done to the boat going forward. Also put the correct octane fuel in it. You may want to put in a new set of plugs as these engines seem to wear out plugs rather quickly.

sac36555

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FWIW,

From everything that I’ve seen so far, the ribbon delete isn’t worth it, just get their K&N style air filter. I’ve never seen any dyno tests showing results of the ribbon delete making the engine make more hp on its own. I have verified with back to back runs on my local lake at 5000’ that the RIVA K&N style filters picked up 150-200 rpms Vs the OEM papers ones.

The biggest bang for your buck will be a set of high altitude impellers when going up to 6000’ msl at LT. Density using the forecast temp of 94* this coming weekend will put the density altitude at 9222’ so 25% hp loss. Which will result in the engines not getting anywhere near rated rpms.

My suggestion to you before you start throwing all kinds of dollars at your pristine new boat you go and use it at your local lake, I’m assuming it is down the hill from LT? See if you get 7400-7500 rpms out of the engines, that’s max rpms I think on the 1.8’s. Then take it up to LT and see how it performs. By doing this you will have a bench mark or starting point to verify what you have done to the boat going forward. Also put the correct octane fuel in it. You may want to put in a new set of plugs as these engines seem to wear out plugs rather quickly.
The person I’m purchasing it from lives up in Tahoe. He says that it’s goes 47-48 at sea level and 37-38 up at Tahoe. I fully plan on bringing it out to our local lakes around Sacramento and see how it feels before making any changes

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That’s good performance up at Tahoe!

sac36555

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m
That’s good performance up at Tahoe!
I can’t help myself! I’m a modder. From my dirt bike, to my off-road Jeep, to my 6.7L Powerstroke…..I can’t keep anything stock! Lol