• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190/192/195 vs. 18ft. Bowrider with 4 cylinder engine

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That sux........(
Yes, I does suck. I must admit, it has been a very bad experience (in terms of customer relations) for me. Partly because it's been very hard for me to understand their position. Sure it would have cost them a few grand to make my boat sea worthy again but they would have had a customer for life, and a full release. Instead, I passionately dislike * them. Moreover, if there are more AR towers falling, they have a major class action on their hands which has already been drafted. And God forbid anyone gets seriously hurt, Yamaha will have completely screwed themselves.

As far as the money, I fully expect to recover most, if not all, of it through the small courts system albeit those things do take forever.

(Not my idea of fun with boating)

* Read: f@cking hate
--

Rufusthedog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(Not my idea of fun with boating)
Sorry to hear about all this... just curious, is your next boat going to be a yamaha with everything you've gone through?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about all this... just curious, is your next boat going to be a yamaha with everything you've gone through?
Nope.

I'm looking at Scarabs, but there are still things that give me pause. I hope they figure out the noise reduction and some QC issues with the hull/seals etc. and make the ACE engines available.
And if they put a real scupper in (to make the deck self-bailing), then I'm in.

--

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As a long time Yamaha guy, I too am sorry to hear how poorly this was handled.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
And if they put a real scupper in (to make the deck self-bailing), then I'm in.

--
Showing my ignorance on the Scarab line, here. Do they already have the deck gutters that run to the back then just dump to bilge, instead of scupper? If so, with your skills with thru hull fittings you could easily add your own scupper and hose from the deck drain? But, if they don't have the gutter system in place I can see why that would be a big detractor.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Showing my ignorance on the Scarab line, here. Do they already have the deck gutters that run to the back then just dump to bilge, instead of scupper? If so, with your skills with thru hull fittings you could easily add your own scupper and hose from the deck drain? But, if they don't have the gutter system in place I can see why that would be a big detractor.
Scarab deck drains dump into the bilge, the best I could figure. I don't know how easy it would be to install an effective scupper line that collects water from the deck and still dumps above the water line - like the scupper systems in the newer Yammies (a really GREAT feature of these boats).

--

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the jets will easily outrun my 18' 3.0 IO, especially in acceleration.. with 8 people (4 kids) i can truck along around 33 with a janky prop, and terribly unbalanced load lol. dont really try to force speed out of it though. not made for that.

BUT.... interior space. Its not even a contest.

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Plan on looking at 2017 190 next week. The one 195 that the local dealer had has already sold.