• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

190 and 192 owner's opinions needed

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys,

We just finished this project and need to get some feedback from 190 and 192 owners. We need to know if you think your boat could use this product and if so how much is it worth to you to not have to step on your cushion anymore. This kit will be shipped with a traction mat for the center and eventually we may offer a filler cushion like the larger Yamaha boats get.

This cushion kit replaces your factory cushion and bolts on using stainless steel hardware with nylock nuts. Also we use the actual OEM fabric for these cushions so that they match very well.

UPDATE: Price per pair including Hydro-Turf mat $269.95
Filler in single color $99.95 or Deluxe $139.95

Thoughts?

10551684_818542918185452_6409130140393322741_o.jpg

10353411_818542911518786_2070216754898321324_o.jpg

10496119_818542914852119_4858917243787440022_o.jpg

Last edited:
I think it is a great idea, I hate having people step on the cushion. However, in actuality, I would want the filler piece and not leave the open space. I am not sure about cost...

We can build the filler but have not prototyped it yet. For now it will include a piece of hydro-turf to fill the area and make it more anti skid.

Nicely done and a nice addition to the 190's, but I think I'd want the filler to help with noise suppression.

Good point. Though it would drive the cost higher so it might price it out of feasibility.

I do like the concept, even though I have a 21ft I'll give my opinion. I think the space that is left open for someone to step onto may be too small width wise. I think, over time you may have the interior edges of the cushion have a lot of wear and tear due to getting stepped on by the edges of feet/shoes. Lets face it not everyone is agile enough to miss the cushion completely. Imo I would rather simply take off the one cushion and place it back on when/if needed.

With that, my center cushion for my 212X is gone somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. Can @JetBoatPilot get me an OEM replacement?

I do like the concept, even though I have a 21ft I'll give my opinion. I think the space that is left open for someone to step onto may be too small width wise. I think, over time you may have the interior edges of the cushion have a lot of wear and tear due to getting stepped on by the edges of feet/shoes. Lets face it not everyone is agile enough to miss the cushion completely. Imo I would rather simply take off the one cushion and place it back on when/if needed.

With that, my center cushion for my 212X is gone somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. Can @JetBoatPilot get me an OEM replacement?

Yes we can and thanks for the feedback.

When I had my 2012 190 - I absolutely hated to step on that cushion. Couldn't stand it. Even went so far as to take it to an upholstery shop to have it altered. They quoted me $300.
Never went ahead with it as I traded the 190 in for my 13' 212x.
Now with my 212x, I can tell you that we rarely ever use the center fill in cushion. It's in the starboard storage just in case, but seldom comes out.

Great job Will.

When I had my 2012 190 - I absolutely hated to step on that cushion. Couldn't stand it. Even went so far as to take it to an upholstery shop to have it altered. They quoted me $300.
Now with my 212x, I can tell you that we rarely ever use the center fill in cushion. It's in the starboard storage just in case, but seldom comes out.

Great job Will.[/QUO
I have the hydroturf step over mat where that cushion should be. I still would probably like to have it just for show, but yes it really isn't needed. And like I said mine is in the Atlantic Ocean somewhere. If you find it, give me a shout

@geiger41 - how'd you lose the cushion? It's a tight fit with a snap. You forgot to snap it in, didn't you?

Not right now! Boats covered and sleeping. I'll take a pic Friday afternoon when she awakes from her nap.

Last edited:

Great job Will.

Thanks Octavio! We will likely have to sell this set for upper 200's to make it make sense.

Thanks Octavio! We will likely have to sell this set for upper 200's to make it make sense.

@JetBoatPilot - Will,
Your pricing seems fair and on par with the quote I received. I can honestly say, if I kept my 190, I would've definitely had that done. It was a priority to me.
I truly hated that cushion set up on the 190 and still question the design.

Great idea! We all (190s owners ) hate stepping on that seat and to think of the poor guys with the earlier white cushion ones !! oh my. What was yamaha thinking!?? Lol. But yes the filler cushion is a must. We usually have 3 people across the back seat so the filler would give the product more value!

For me, we use the seat too much to alter it or mange a removable cushion. I'd rather spending the money on replacing the cushion if it wears out from being stepped on, but it's doing just as good as the other cushions.

It does look like an awesome option for those that'd find it useful.

Nice product and great idea for those that want the seats clean. I agree with bucks448, I will buy a new cushion. My fix is an old $10.00 towel on the seat. Also, it is a boat and for me a boat is made to get dirty, have chips spilled, get wet etc.

Great work Will....if I had a 19'....I would be all over this. Nice work!

I'm not in a 190/192 but if I wanted to purchase a mod like this, I would be looking to spend $150-$200 tops. If this product is cost prohibitive, maybe you can design a hard plastic cover to set up temporarily during loading/unloading that would cover the center cushion and prevent footprints.

I love it. I recently met up with a friend and his '05 sx230, and was impressed with his walk through. To me, this set up and the hydro turf over the step through (which I know you offer) would be really nice for my use.

Back