• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195s / ar195 19ft boat surf setup and tips

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
The PVC I used has a different pvc connection being it joins direct without the connection pipe. So one of mine is flat on the plastic. Your has 2
Pass through gaps so got to close it up. Try the sealant or flexible or moldable think plastic that you can put on the inside

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The PVC I used has a different pvc connection being it joins direct without the connection pipe. So one of mine is flat on the plastic. Your has 2
Pass through gaps so got to close it up. Try the sealant or flexible or moldable think plastic that you can put on the inside
Thank you @Stang7tl , appreciate the advice and ideas!

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I surf my AR195 with a wakebooster package. I run the two cubes on the back in each corner on the swim deck. I run a 370 on the floor nearest the surf side. Family of 4 and I sit everyone on the surf side except the driver. The pocket is smaller but I can play a bit in there. just need more time behind the boat. My 12 yr old makes it look easy.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@2kwik4u You've hit the nail on the head for me. I've surfed my boat for two seasons now and it's been a fun learning experience, but I'm definitely "ready for something else". The pocket I can generate for a 200lb rider is fine to go in a straight line and even have some limited left-right movements, but its far to easy to fall out of the pocket and lose the wave. I want to advance to more tricks etc. that only a longer, taller, wider wave can provide. I am actively shopping wake boats now and will likely switch out sometime next season. Which is unfortunate, because I do love my Yamaha for a lot of reasons except surfing which has become an increasingly important activity for me.
yup this is exactly what happens to me when I got bit by the surf bug Back when I had my AR192. The setup takes a toll on the fun after a few times. Then it just feels like a chore wrestling those big ass bags around.

Ultimately I knew if I wanted a bigger, larger and more powerful wave with minimal setup times I was going to have to make the switch to a wake boat. Glad I did and I don’t have any regrets really except for the fact I can’t take the boat to the gulf once a year or so. Other than that we use our Moomba exactly the same way we used our Yamaha and it’s been great. Better ride, no loud, higher pitch engine(s) to scream over, tons more space and of course the simplicity of the surf system cutting down the setup time drastically. There’s also no bags all over my floors, seat cushions or swim platform.

Have fun on your next boat shopping! If you have any specifics questions let me know and I’ll try my best to answer them. I researched wake boats for a long time before pulling the trigger. My best advice is to go demo all the ones you’re interested in that have a good dealer and the ones that pump your blood.