• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

195s transom plate reseal

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
In an effort to put this ongoing cavitation issue to bed, I pulled the pump and was going to reseal the transom plate. I have pulled the pump once already and checked clearances and impeller condition. Nothing there to cause any issues.

Removed the 4 lock nuts from the inside the maintenance hatch area. Went back to the transom area and realized there isn't a way to get any leverage on the plate. Removed the ride plate and that opened up some room to get a pry bar underneath. She won't budge. Now I'm second guessing even removing it. My initial thoughts were to reseal and take that off the list as a possible cause.

Now I'm thinking reinstall the nuts and torque them and just seal the tunnel and call it a day.

Did you have a leak between the transom plate and the boat or just trying to stop the cavitation?

Finish what you started. :thumbsup:

there are so many good things about our boats but trying to nail down a cavitation issue isn't one of them,

I'd put it back together and goop everything with silicone so you know no air is getting in,

if that transom plate is on good, if you have to use leverage to pull it off you may get fiberglass along with it and then you just created another thing to fix,

Did you have a leak between the transom plate and the boat or just trying to stop the cavitation?

More of an exploratory removal. Since the previous work I did, accomplished nothing, I would dig a little further.

there are so many good things about our boats but trying to nail down a cavitation issue isn't one of them,

I'd put it back together and goop everything with silicone so you know no air is getting in,

if that transom plate is on good, if you have to use leverage to pull it off you may get fiberglass along with it and then you just created another thing to fix,

I thought about this exact scenario. That's why I'm thinking to just stop. Reseal the pump, nozzle and seal up the tunnel while everything is off.

Back