• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1996 Dynasty Storm Jet Boat - Broken Engine

Kate

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 1996 Dynasty Storm jet boat that has a 120hp Mercury 2-stroke engine that needs to be replaced or repaired. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement engine or if it is even possible to get it repaired? My boat guy said it is irreparable, but I'm really hoping that he's wrong!

Kate

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We purchased the boat thinking that everything, including the oil injector (not sure if that's the right term), was working properly. And since we've never owned a jet boat before, we thought it just used way less oil than other boats, because the oil level never really decreased. It turns out that the oil was never getting to the engine, which caused the engine to blow a hole in it's lower right side. The hole is about the size of a quarter.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry but its no good.. the motor is the block! Everything else is added onto the block.. if the block has a hole in it then it is no good!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
it is a force outboard power head mounted on a jet pump so perhaps finding a force power head would work .

Kate

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So if repairing the engine is out of the question, would it be possible to replace it with a different jet boat engine? And if it's a 2-stroke, can it be replaced with a 4-stroke if some modifications are made to the boat?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It is called throwing good money after bad, if you can find a block and fix the boat you may be ok but doing all that other costly conversion to it would be a very bad idea. If you locate a outboard power head you can use your parts to put it back as a jet boat I believe you will need your intake manifold and a few other parts from the jet setup but the blocks are the same. Never exceed the value of the boat making modifications unless you plan on owning it forever.

dean90

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sorry to hear that. You'd better go to several repair store.