• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

1st docking incident at Falls Lake

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got you! It was NOT me.

Saw a guy try to launch a nice Malibu from about 15ft from the water. He took the winch strap off early and started backing down. I guess with the incline it just slid off. I was busy tying up my boat so wasn't watching until I heard the grinding sound. I turned and saw the boat 3/4 of the way off the trailer standing on the prop and rudder with the bow still on the trailer. My buddy and I and a couple other fellas went over and helped him get it back on the trailer. Prop had a big ding in it and the rudder was torqued over a bit. Not sure how bad it will be but considering it slid a good 10ft or more I thought it would be worse.

As I was helping out I didn't even think of taking pictures. But I don't know that I would have anyway seeing the guys expression.

Ouch. Fortunately the prop and rudder took the hit. Imagine if one our jet boats slid off the trailer and the transom hit the ramp!

Ouch. Fortunately the prop and rudder took the hit. Imagine if one our jet boats slid off the trailer and the transom hit the ramp!

A lot like this perhaps?
img_5026-jpg.8243

https://jetboaters.net/threads/life-lesson-learned.2571/

Yeah. I told my buddy the same thing, possibly what happened with @rcpd34 .

That Malibu was one tough built boat.

Back