• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2003 Seadoo Speedster, 240 hp EFI. Sand Bar

Naples700

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
I have a 2003 Seadoo Speedster, 240 hp EFI.
I ran on a Sandbar and got stuck, I got it off the sand bar and the overheating alarm went off. So I waited. Then it would not go forward. So I called Sea Tow and got towed back to dock.
Do I just need to flush it out good to get sand out, Or do I need to do something else????
It will not go forward???
Please give advice!!!!
Regards, Jason

Since it won’t move I’d check the wear ring and impeller. And of course make sure the cooling lines aren’t plugged.

It doesn’t take much sand to ruin the wear ring.

Where is the wear ring located??

In the impeller shaft.

Does it start?
Does it go in reverse?
When it doesn't go FWD do you mean it doesn't shift FWD or when shifted it doesn't move?

I have a 2003 Seadoo Speedster, 240 hp EFI.
I ran on a Sandbar and got stuck, I got it off the sand bar and the overheating alarm went off. So I waited. Then it would not go forward. So I called Sea Tow and got towed back to dock.
Do I just need to flush it out good to get sand out, Or do I need to do something else????
It will not go forward???
Please give advice!!!!
Regards, Jason
That is a v6 mercury outboard power head on a jet drive very common years ago . I assume you are very new to jet boats, so the first thing you need to understand is the pump supplies the thrust and the water to the cooling jackets of the engine, if you tried to drive off the sand bar you filled the pump with sand , shells and possibly rocks, since you started the engine once you were off the sand bar that tells me the pump was not locked up however the drive shaft could be broken.
As stated previously the water jackets could be filled with sand or just the hose that supplies the power head and exhaust with water.
During the tow you probably washed out all the sand from the pump just by dragging the boat in the water so first check to see if you have any sand etc in the impeller area.
If you do not see sand there you may want to have a shop clean out the water hoses from the pump, to tell if the power head water jackets are ok run the engine on a hose as you would do when flushing if it does not overheat the water jackets are ok and it is probably just the water supply from the pump that is blocked.
As for forward and reverse , if your pump was filled with trash and not making any thrust you can not move forward or reverse as that thrust is the same just being redirected by the reverse hood etc.
One other possible cause would be a broken drive shaft then there would be no thrust or water for the power head so look in the pump for the impeller to be turning while the engine is running on the hose if it is then the drive shaft is ok.

The impeller is not turning when I turn it on!???

I just hooked it up to water
Turned it on, buzzer alarm came on
And impeller not turning
Arrrrrr

Time to bring it to a mechanic, sorry Just pray it is not stripped splines in the bottom of the crank shaft.

Does anyone know a mechanic in Fort Myers Florida, that works on SeeDoo Jet Boat
Mercury 240 hp efi. ????????!

When the starter goes does the impeller move? Sounds like you might have something stuck between the wear ring and the impeller.

I would pull the pump and see what is going on.

Y
Does anyone know a mechanic in Fort Myers Florida, that works on SeeDoo Jet Boat
Mercury 240 hp efi. ????????!
You can try Pinned Up Performance in Land O' Lakes, FL. I drove over to them from Orlando and they did a good job when I was having an issue with my SeaDoo Speedster.

Last edited:
Looking for fort Myers area
Thanks though

I just offered this as there are so few people that will work on those, you might have to drive a little to find someone willing to work on it.

They were Sea doo unicorn.
You can try this site seadooforum.com for technical help. DrHonda is a great source of information as he repaired his

It will be hard to find someone local so expanding your search may be required.

Back