• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2004 Sx230 price question

clint6760

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone

I’m am selling my 04 sx230 and don’t really know what it’s worth. It has a tower, pretty good shape, speakers, good trailer tires, garage kept, and no mechanical problems. Don’t know the miles but it wasn’t used much during the summers. Only problems with it is Speedo doesn’t work, small 2 inch tear in seat, and two small dock rashes.

Any ideas on a price range I should be looking at. Thanks

Jeremiah

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn’t go under $14,000

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you the original owner?
if not how long have you owned it?
Did you do the regular maintenance? do you have any receipts or proof of service?

You need to take it to a PWC shop to have them read the ECU's to read how many hours and get a print out of it,

With no info supporting documentation I wouldn't give you more than $12k if the test ride was fine,
If you have supporting docs I might feel comfortable up to 15-16k,

good luck and keep us posted,

clint6760

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am the second owner. I have owned the boat for about 10 years now. I did all the maintenance myself including oil changes and new spark plugs yearly. I also put new throttle cables on 2 years ago because the old ones were on the edge of seizing up. Of course with doing it all myself, I don't have any maintenance receipts besides me buying the oil, filters, and plugs.

I need to find a shop in Arkansas that can read the mileage for me.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length