• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2005 AR230 Seat cushions

caborouse07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recently purchased a 2005 AR 230 HO and am looking for some alternatives to having the seats reupholstered. Is there anywhere to purchase aftermarket seats? I have scanned the internet with no success. I mainly need the removable back seats. Maybe kit for do it yourself?

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I looked into this as well and came up with nothing. It's not like cars or jet skis where you can buy the skins and redo them yourself. It's one of those things where you just gotta bite the bullet and pay, unless you have an industrial sewing machine and the skills to do it yourself.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Try this!

Before and after shots, Just got the boys to cut the back of the seats out and move the webbing up further no need to re upolster can use the original material if it's in good shape also made some front headrests to match, Hope it helps good luck.
Sorry some of the pics are a bit dark i took them with the boat cover on

20170210_083323.jpgIMG_2671.JPG20180903_101503.jpg20180903_101511.jpg20190212_120645.jpg20190212_120740.jpg20190212_120740.jpg20190212_120754.jpg20190212_120614.jpg

Attachments

caborouse07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I looked into this as well and came up with nothing. It's not like cars or jet skis where you can buy the skins and redo them yourself. It's one of those things where you just gotta bite the bullet and pay, unless you have an industrial sewing machine and the skills to do it yourself.
Thanks for the input. Very frustrating. I live in Key West and we have a limited number of people that can do this. Back log is 4 to 6 weeks and would lose use of boat for 2 months. Im willing to live with a few splits.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There you go mate. Go visit Geoff for a couple of weeks and have your seats redone. While you're at it he can get some other things fixed for ya also.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow that's crazy considering how long it takes to do, It's only a few hours work i dropped them in the one day and collected them the next afternoon $ 20 a seat and $20 for the 2 headrests, Why do they need them for such a long time there not going to be working on them for 6 weeks just pay a deposit and tell them to call you when there ready to start the work and just drop them in the seats should be ready the next day.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There you go mate. Go visit Geoff for a couple of weeks and have your seats redone. While you're at it he can get some other things fixed for ya also.
Hi Gym hows tricks what you been up to?