• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2005 SX 230 switch wiring diagram

atompa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi everyone. I took the dashes off my 2005 SX 230 to have them painted and am looking for reassurance that my bilge/lights/radio/silent run/etc. switches are properly wired. I wasn't able to develop a detailed diagram prior to disassembly due to lack of slack in the wiring harness, so I took numerous pictures instead... I have the manual but deciphering electrical schematics is tough when you're an accountant (look, I didn't realize there were THAT many separate nodes).

Ignition module and gauges are good to go, but is there anyone out there with a 'detailed' diagram for the set of switches right of the steering column? pictures? ANYTHING? Thank you in advance for the help.

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm sure there will be someone on here that will know exactly where everything goes. Good luck and welcome to the site!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the same year boat so I can help... I hope.

What is wrong with your pics to use as a guide?

atompa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Murf! I'm having trouble seeing the lower, fuse wiring. I believe the switches are wired correctly, but I'm having issues with the jumpers and their placement. Simply, my pictures show mostly the above view, I'd kill for one from underneath the dash showing it straight on.

Additionally, how much trouble will I cause if this isn't wired correctly? A simple blown fuse or much.....much.... worse?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Incorrect wiring will cause fuse popping but could result in electronics being damaged. It really depends on if you have sensitive electronics on those circuits.

I'll try to get you some pics of behind the switches and fuses. Please give me a week.

atompa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

atompa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf A special THANK YOU to Murf for providing exactly what I needed to finish re-wiring the bilge/lights/radio/no wake switches... I haven't re-installed the battery to test it, but I'm 99% confident that everything is as it was. Just updating in case someone runs across this thread they know we have the data to help!

I owe you a beer, my friend.